Author Topic: Avast protection compromised  (Read 2822 times)

patti21

Avast protection compromised
« on: August 24, 2013, 10:30:29 PM »
Hi. I wonder if anyone can advise please. I ran a virus scan with my Avast (paid edition) and it found 3 infections. One of them was called IBryte. I put it in the vault. I was concerned so I googled Avast help and found a free phone number for assistance. I spoke to a Technician who told me all calls for assistance go to Call Centers} (his is called Albion) and he used remote assistance and told me that my Avast was not protecting me at all and I am wide open to viruses. He told me he would fix this for a charge of £80. I refused to pay. Has anyone else had experience of this? I am now concerned I am not protected online.

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Re: Avast protection compromised
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2013, 05:01:13 PM »
Good thing you didn't pay.
Bad thing you have let him control your system.
It seems to me this was not someone from Alwill.
Use <url=https://support.avast.com/]THIS[/url] to contact Alwill if you have to/want.

I suggest you run a full bootscan with Avast and after that malwarebytes.

iBryte Optimum Installer is an installer which bundles legitimate applications with offers for additional third party applications that may be unwanted by the user. Such third party applications are typically installed onto users’ computers by default, but may include an option to ‘opt-out’ during or after the installation process.