Author Topic: Exchange plugin  (Read 4166 times)

kumokasumi

Exchange plugin
« on: February 07, 2004, 06:32:35 AM »
Is it correct to assume that the Exchange plugin will not function without avast! Server Edition?

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
  • Please don't send me IM's. Email only. Thx.
    • ALWIL Software
Re:Exchange plugin
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2004, 11:58:22 AM »
No, it will work separately as well.

That is, if all you want to do is protect your Exchange traffic, you don't have to buy Server Edition itself. Just buy the Exchange Server Edition for the appropriate number of mailboxes.

You'll install the whole Server Edition, including the Exchange plug-in. If you enter a license file that only cotains an entry for Exchange Server Edition (i.e. no Server Edition), the on-access protection of the server file system will not work. But you'll of course have Exchange protection, and also still have the on-demand scanner and all the other modules of normal Server Edition. Only the "Standard Shield" will be missing.

Hope this helps,
Vlk
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving's not for you.

qualbar

Re: Exchange plugin
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2005, 06:58:58 PM »
Hi I´m using a trial version of avast anti virus, and before I complete all steps to install software, whe´n it´ll do the update there´s a message like: the key product ( that was sent to me by mail) is invalid or expired, but it´s not right, because I complete all steps on exactly way by instructions .

Thanks for your attention.

Fabio - Brazil