Author Topic: Bart vs Avast Home Edition  (Read 8103 times)

njguy99007

Bart vs Avast Home Edition
« on: May 07, 2005, 11:21:39 AM »
A simple question, what is the differance between Avast Bart and Avast Home edition if any.
I know this sounds like a really dumb question but I am new at using Avast and I am learning quite a bit by reading your forum.
I have XP home edition running your avast for home edition, and by the way I tell all my friends about Avast.

Thanks in advance......

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: Bart vs Avast Home Edition
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2005, 09:36:37 PM »
A simple question, what is the differance between Avast Bart and Avast Home edition if any.
avast! Bootable Antivirus & Recovery Tools CD (BART CD) is a bootable CD that gives you the capability to detect/clean virus infections on a computer and tools for editing the Windows Registry and fix disk errors. It's not resident in memory and it's not free.
More info: http://www.avast.com/eng/avast_bart_cd.html
avast! antivirus is a resident scanner (runs in background), scans and clean the system. It's free for Home and Non-commercial users.
The best things in life are free.

pip22

Re: Bart vs Avast Home Edition
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2005, 12:38:28 PM »
Unless you run a company with extremely critical data stored on servers, the BartCD is ridiculously expensive -- certainly not for the home user. Sensible back- up strategies and an acceptance that occassionally you will have to re-install Windows makes much more sense unless you have money to burn!