Author Topic: Iolo System Mechanic Pro  (Read 1716 times)

Thundagia

Iolo System Mechanic Pro
« on: September 10, 2013, 03:31:05 AM »
      I`ve been worried that my registry is creating a lot of errors slowing my computer down since ive been messing around with it a lot (to try to fix my computer not being able to remove internet explorer - honestly it wasnt very wise for me to do this.) I found this System Mechanic software from iolo, and i was wondering what you guys thought about it. It looked pretty nice, but im not downloading/buying anything like that until i get confirmation from you guys. Plus it comes with anti spy-ware so i wasnt so sure if i could run it with avast! at the same time. Thanks again!

marc-d-l

Re: Iolo System Mechanic Pro
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2013, 04:55:26 AM »
I would think any program like that,that says your PC will be like new is (snake oil) .If your having that many problems with the registry,reinstall windows.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2013, 05:01:36 AM by marc-d-l »

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
Re: Iolo System Mechanic Pro
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2013, 09:13:54 AM »
Rubbish software imo and CCleaner would be the only tool I'd be running for clean-ups.

Note that you cant remove Internet Explorer as it's part of Windows, if you have been tinkering around trying to remove it you have probably done a lot of damage to your system files an registry and could highly likely be looking at a re-install of your operating system.