Author Topic: Boot stalls on aswrvrt Win XP  (Read 9213 times)

Offline essexboy

• Malware removal instructor
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
Re: Boot stalls on aswrvrt Win XP
« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2013, 04:56:32 PM »
OK we will try one further restore point
Download the attached fixlist.txt to the same location as FRST
Run FRST as  before and press Fix
Then retry a normal boot

bubblecom

« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2013, 01:58:44 PM »
Good morning Essexboy. I ran the last fix ei "restore point" but that didn't do it. However, using F8 on boot, I have chosen to not restart Windows automatically on boot fail. This is the message I got: STOP: c0000135 (unable To locate component) This application failed to start because winserv was not foud. Re-installing the application may fix this problem.

Does that give you a clue to something.

Thanks,, thanks, thanks.

R

Offline essexboy

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2013, 02:48:42 PM »
Did it give a file name as well i.e. %hs or something similar

bubblecom

« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2013, 10:01:08 PM »
No, only the lines I gave you above. That was on the blue screen with white letters like when their is a HD problem on boot

R
« Last Edit: September 05, 2013, 10:07:13 PM by bubblecom »

Offline essexboy

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
« Reply #19 on: September 05, 2013, 10:25:29 PM »
OK start FRST and this time in the search box put winserv.dll then click search files.  A log will be produced please post that

bubblecom

« Reply #20 on: September 06, 2013, 01:15:53 AM »
Sorry, I have mispelled the file. It is winsrv.dll. That's the name I have used for the search and here is the result... Thanks

Offline essexboy

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
« Reply #21 on: September 06, 2013, 02:39:36 PM »
Yep that file is missing

Download the attached fixlist.txt to the same location as FRST
Run FRST as before and press fix
On completion try a normal boot

bubblecom

« Reply #22 on: September 06, 2013, 05:13:59 PM »
Good morning!

I had already done that last night after the scan revealed the location of the file in the DLL cache. Ran your fix anyway this morning with same results in the F8 "Do not restart Windows automatically on boot crash". Same blue window with different text: STOP: c000021a (Fatal System Error) The Windows logon process system process terminated unexpectedly with status of 0xc0000034 (0x00000000 0x00000000). The system has been shut down.

I guess that's it. I have backed up My Documents so unless you have something else in your sleeve, I'll spend the week end rebuilding that machine. I shame when you see that all your files are there...

Thanks a million Essexboy.

Offline essexboy

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
« Reply #23 on: September 06, 2013, 07:14:20 PM »
One further option based on that stop error

Go into the BIOS and see whether your hard drive is set to IDE or AHCI
Toggle between the two and see if that boots http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windows/en-US/74942be7-745b-4b83-8a8e-f98d89dc6876/possible-solution-for-stop-0x0000007b-0xba4cb524-0xc0000034-0x00000000-0x00000000-in-win-xp

bubblecom

« Reply #24 on: September 06, 2013, 10:04:11 PM »
Hi,

After running the fix you had sent me that copied the winsrv.ddl from the cache to the sys32 folder and the non success of that fix, I have copied another winsrv.dll from a XP installation CD to that same folder. It didn't work either but the "crash" message was different. Changing the BIOS setting didn't solved the problem either but I am getting yet another crash message. I think that installation is doomed and I will pull the plug on it. I thank you for your dedication and patince and I am sorry it didn't work. Have a nice week-end.

Offline essexboy

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
« Reply #25 on: September 06, 2013, 10:46:42 PM »
I am sorry we could not resolve this either

bubblecom

« Reply #26 on: September 06, 2013, 11:44:39 PM »
The process has been very instructive, I didn't loose everything. ;-) Last minute report: I have attempted a war zone surgery... ie I have copied all the files from the Reatogo-X-PE win32 folder over same folder of damage Win on C: drive. No success.  I was going to re-install a fresh version of XP but seeing the "repair" option that had not work before, I decided to give it a last go. I have recover control of the installed Win XP without loosing files. I have a few messages of missing pointers or entry points in dynamic libraries and kernel32 but most programs are working. Internet Explorer had desapeared in the process but is now operational. I have also uninstalled Avast that was not operational and I now have a new version working. I'll work with the system for a while to see if I can correct more bugs. Best regards.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2013, 02:20:48 AM by bubblecom »

Offline essexboy

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
« Reply #27 on: September 07, 2013, 12:25:56 PM »
Glad to hear, any problems that you need help with resolving I will see if I can assist :)

bubblecom

« Reply #28 on: September 07, 2013, 01:36:34 PM »
Appreciate the offer. I'll ride for a while and if I get stuck on some issues, I might take you up, Rgrds.

bubblecom

« Reply #29 on: September 07, 2013, 09:53:44 PM »
I am glad to report that I have succesfully installed SP3 after the repair operation and that all dll and kernel error messages have desappeared. All programs tested are now working as before including Google Chrome and Outlook Exchange. I guess there are enough persons waiting for your help so I won't bug you any longer. Onece again, many thanks for spending the week with me.