Poll

It seems there are new hostile presence, just what happens on WinPatrol site. Your opinion?

attacks from other companies
1 (11.1%)
idiots with sad lifes
6 (66.7%)
only newbies annoyances
1 (11.1%)
normal disapponted customers
0 (0%)
unfortunately, is simply commercial war
1 (11.1%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: May 20, 2005, 04:45:35 PM

Author Topic: Strange persons on this site recently  (Read 6196 times)

kamulko

Strange persons on this site recently
« on: May 13, 2005, 04:45:35 PM »
I'm very curious to understand why SO MANY new posts by new users speaking badly against Avast! saying "ok, I will go to AVG"...  ;D
« Last Edit: May 13, 2005, 05:51:49 PM by Kamulko! »

Offline RejZoR

• Polymorphic Sheep
  • Serious Graphoman
  • We are supersheep, resistance is futile!
    • RejZoR's Flock of Sheep
Re: Strange persons on this site recently
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2005, 04:57:55 PM »
Makes me wonder too...
Visit my webpage Angry Sheep Blog

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2005, 05:30:27 PM »
It will be better to know the user names we're talking about...  ::) ???
The best things in life are free.

kamulko

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2005, 05:42:43 PM »
It will be better to know the user names we're talking about... ::) ???
it will be better to know THE REAL names... ahahah... :-)... all of us with good eyes can see, said our Lord Jesus Christ...
« Last Edit: May 13, 2005, 05:47:17 PM by Kamulko! »

Hopismum

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2005, 05:55:58 PM »
strange people?   *looks around*         oh my...   oh me even!     (good grief.. its the internet, of course there are a few strange ones here and there)    lol    :) :) :) 

Oh gosh..      there goes one now !           

Better call the calvary!!!

useless horse      lol
« Last Edit: May 13, 2005, 06:22:56 PM by connie »

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2005, 06:45:47 PM »
The best policy is not to give the oxygen of additional publicity, reply once if you reply is constructive. Otherwise, ignore strange people, it's what your mother taught you, you know it makes sense ;D

We aren't here to change someone's mind if they bad mouth avast! and want to got to AVG, fine, we know that is their loss. We know better, especially those who came to avast from AVG (me).

So to my mind a poll is giving that oxygen and serves no real purpose, sorry,
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.4.6112 (build 24.4.9067.762) UI 1.0.803/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Fast

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2005, 06:53:10 PM »
Every forum has its trolls.

It's best to ignore them.

8)

Offline polonus

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • malware fighter
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2005, 08:09:40 PM »
Dear forum community members,

This is life. Look at the overall quality you find here, sometimes it is very highstanding. Jealous people are everywhere, and especially to-day they are everywhere around. Becoming a member of a forum like this for a lot of people means an enormous boost to look around for information, to be able to share knowledge en good practices. I like the atmosphere here, and while communicating among  each other you make real virtual friends. I am sitting here behind my keyboard just outside Rotterdam on the continent, and when I have added a posting or get a reply it  fills me with joy. I must tell you all when I started to use AVAST. This was a couple of years ago, when a big firm  in the field of ant-virus protection failed on me abhorrently (wrong Verisign verification, a real tragedy, it was I think in February 2004), I then found a recommendation  in a consumer magazine that had tested antivirus programmes to use AVAST, because it came out as number one. Even at my work when my sysadmin deleted my current anti-virus programme by mistake, I was saved by putting AVAST on it, until he had corrected his mistake. So that is why I am here :).

greetings from,

POLONUS
Cybersecurity is more of an attitude than anything else. Avast Evangelists.

Use NoScript, a limited user account and a virtual machine and be safe(r)!

MFB

« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2005, 02:35:05 AM »
They were jealous of Avast! having more Shields and automatic updates?  :D

Offline TedNelly

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • Trust No-One!
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2005, 08:29:12 AM »
I'm very curious to understand why SO MANY new posts by new users speaking badly against Avast! saying "ok, I will go to AVG"...  ;D

I have used a computer for about 6 year now and up-until  installing  Avast on my Comp

I was a die-hard Nortons user,played around with many other AV programs Vet,McAfee,AVG

so-on and so-on that was until I discovered Avast as far as I'm concerned Avast AV  blows the

rest right out of the water. If they want to speak badly of Avast let them, do they really know

how a good AV program should perform I don't think SO!!
Windows 10 Pro | Intel I7 CPU | 16 Gig 2133 RAM | Avast beta 17.5.2295 | Firefox 54 b9(64-bit) | Cyberfox 52.1 | T-Bird 52.1.1 | SpyWareBlaster 5.5 | MalwareBytes 3.0.0.865 | WinPatrol 35.5.2 | GlassWire 1.2.100 | Cybereason Ransomfree 2.2.7 |  Pulla-dePlug Final!

MFB

« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2005, 06:48:04 PM »
There no such thing as a perfect Antivirus, they should know that before they come in and tell us that AVG is better.  ::)  Besides they need proof, hard cracking evidence that AVG is somewhat "Better" than Avast!