Author Topic: How secure can be a security software from an US company?  (Read 2467 times)

Thobar

How secure can be a security software from an US company?
« on: September 05, 2013, 12:56:35 AM »
avast! needs many rights, really a lot of rights on my smartphone. But how sure is security software if the possibility insists that Secret Services with confidential rights from confidential courts use exactly these rights to get my data?

Offline patrice58

• Advanced Poster
  • I'm a llama!
Re: How secure can be a security software from an US company?
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2013, 03:10:40 AM »
Avast is headquartered in Europe.
Vista Home Premium 32 bit (user account) CISC 4.1.150349.920 + CAV (On Access) + Sandbox,V-Engine 2.7.0.37, SpywareBlaster 4.3, SAS (free), a-squared (free) MBAM (free) Finjan Secure Browsing, Windows Defender (scanner only), Zemana AntiLogger 1.9.2.206,

UserA789

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2013, 05:11:40 PM »
avast! needs many rights, really a lot of rights on my smartphone. But how sure is security software if the possibility insists that Secret Services with confidential rights from confidential courts use exactly these rights to get my data?
Another factor being overlooked here is that the supposed 'spying' was approved beforehand by the corporations.

Google, Verizon, Century Link, and Yahoo ALL had previous contractual arrangements with the NSA, FCC, ETC. These agreements were something all of these companies trying to get us to blame the Administration so we didnt look at the agreements the companies made that sold  us out from the start.  The NSA and Secret Service simply offered tax breaks, monentary compensation, or other oversights and 'privileges' so these companies LITERALLY sold our personal data for money, just like any ID Theif or criminal.
-
This is what we should be, worried about.

I dont mean to start debate in this thread on the issue itself but merely detail the facts that led to this users query.

My proof/source that not ALL companies had to simply hand data over is from my own ISP.

http://youtu.be/FWE3Qk0dQUU TELLING THE FISA/NSA NO WAY!

You will find one interview with him speaking about one instance where he was told by FISA he woudlnt be able to say 'no' and they were correct. They had explicit, personal permission from the line owner (the benefitsof having a municapal owned network providing my 'access') to monitor my IP... lets just say grandma's wallet is safe now.

So the question isnt how can avast be secure if they were a US based company but would be for Avast to pay attention to what it agrees to, for some tax releifs, concerning users personal security.

Im sure, just like Mr. Ashdown, Avast would never sell its customers data for a mere tax break so thats how I know I could trust Avast if they WERE a US based company.  8)
« Last Edit: September 06, 2013, 05:18:45 PM by UserA789 »

UserA789

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2013, 05:22:55 PM »
OFF TOPIC:  In other words, we were misled in the idea the government did this without prior permissions from the companies affected... all the while the companies who actually SOLD our data just got richer and we have done NOTHING to address the real problems and culprits.

Other than their own breaches in thier own policy, which is being dealt with punitively, the NSA were not spying on us. The NSA was simply getting what others (the companies who did it) promised BEFOREHAND to deliver.

...but what are the chances Google tells you its actually their own fault and owe us an apology?

(also why I question Google's 'security' of Android apps and their concern for OUR safety.)
« Last Edit: September 06, 2013, 05:28:33 PM by UserA789 »