Author Topic: virus cleaner  (Read 6081 times)

mantra

virus cleaner
« on: September 30, 2003, 06:12:58 PM »
is able to repair files and registry
or is able to detect & delete viruses bodies?

whocares

Re:virus cleaner
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2003, 06:23:24 PM »
both.. for the malware mentioned on the Cleaner site, if you mean the stand-alone Cleaner

Detect and delete: that's what all avast AV-Progs can do, isn't it ?

or are you talking about the integrated Cleaner in avast(4)-AV-packages ?   ???  ???

I guess it detects ALL it has in its list, cleans or deletes most ...
but cannot not fully reverse ALL changes for ALL malware there is (70k +) on ALL different PC's

« Last Edit: September 30, 2003, 06:25:50 PM by whocares »

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2003, 06:33:43 PM »
For the viruses/worms it has on its list, it provides the complete cleaning - kills active processes (or deactivates them, if killing is not possible), detects files, repairs/deletes files, fixes/cleans registry, deletes temporary files (if possible).

I'm thinking of adding a simple fixing of corrupted registry (virus independent - just for cases that the associated virus file has been removed without fixing the registry as well); but otherwise, it handles only the malware on its list.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2003, 05:10:39 AM »
I'm thinking of adding a simple fixing of corrupted registry (virus independent - just for cases that the associated virus file has been removed without fixing the registry as well); but otherwise, it handles only the malware on its list.

Thanks Igor. This feature is wellcome...  ;)
As you are the "writer" of the Cleaner it is your child, isnĀ“t it?  ;D
The best things in life are free.

mantra

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2003, 09:08:06 AM »
"or the viruses/worms it has on its list, it provides the complete cleaning - kills active processes (or deactivates them, if killing is not possible), detects files, repairs/deletes files, fixes/cleans registry, deletes temporary files (if possible).

I'm thinking of adding a simple fixing of corrupted registry (virus independent - just for cases that the associated virus file has been removed without fixing the registry as well); but otherwise, it handles only the malware on its list."

GREAT ! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

w0mbat

« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2003, 05:37:11 PM »
do these features apply to the BART CD?   ???

Cheers

w0mbat in OZ

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
  • Please don't send me IM's. Email only. Thx.
    • ALWIL Software
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2003, 06:08:16 PM »
Well, kind of. They normally do, but unfortunately the Swen-updated version has not yet been released. It'll be released shortly.

Vlk
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving's not for you.