Author Topic: suspicious warnings  (Read 7220 times)

glennk

Re: suspicious warnings
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2013, 12:27:48 AM »
Hi glennk,

If you cannot trace this: administrator/plugins/system/pc_includes/ajax_1 2.js%7C%3E%7Bgzip%7D|>{ gzip} then you are not affected by what avast flags,
else your site was maliciously hacked and infested with an image hack. If you are free of this you can file a FP report,

polonus

Sorry to be a pain, I already logged false positive and they emailed me back saying - "It's detected due to this: whitbyseaanglers.co.uk /wp-includes/wp-mail.php%7c%3e%7bgzip%7d"

However when I look on my server that file does not exist.

administrator/plugins/system/pc_includes/ajax_1 2.js%7C%3E%7Bgzip%7D|>{ gzip}

Please could you help me by advising where I find that. Is it in public_html/wp-content/plugins or is it somewhere else because I dont know where to find administrator/plugins/system/pc_includes

glennk

« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2013, 09:45:12 AM »
Right guys Ive spoken to a lot of people including wordpress. They say this is false positive. I am beginning to get a little angry now as this has rumbled on for over a week and we are no further forward. Avast are costing my customers and Money. This is the latest response from a moderator at Wordpress support

I am saying I don't show you hacked and neither do 8 other sources according to Securi.

If Avast is the only one showing a problem then they are better than all the rest or it is a false positive.

Please can you advise on how to move forwards please.

Offline Sirmer

• Avast team
« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2013, 11:43:47 AM »
This seems like your site was hacked (usually through outdated WP, link seems like a part of blackhole ) but now it seems to be clear so I changed detection and it should be OK in next VPS

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2013, 07:37:53 PM »
Won't the two factor authentication avoid hacking in WordPress blogs?
The best things in life are free.

Offline cheater87

« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2013, 02:57:40 AM »
No alerts here.
I have Opera, WOT, K9 Web Protection, Avast Free web shield and Behavior blocker only, Comodo Internet Security 10, and common sense. ^_^

Offline redwolfe_98

« Reply #20 on: September 15, 2013, 01:06:47 AM »
No alerts here.
that should have been the first thing to check, to see if the website actually was being blocked..

i checked google's "safe browsing" and they reported the site all-clean..
virustotal showed that the site was not blacklisted in any of the records that they had..
sucuri said that the website was all-clean..

however, if a particular file is flagged by an av-program, it should be looked at, regardless of what those other websites report..