Author Topic: New version of Mozilla Firefox 1.0.4  (Read 19699 times)

Offline TedNelly

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • Trust No-One!
Re: New version of Mozilla Firefox 1.0.4
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2005, 03:10:56 PM »

I don't know if I am right but when I updated FF using dialup the update occured no worries

I then had a look on my desktop and discovered the file from the update that is FF 1.0.4 4.6meg

had been downloaded  anyone else find this
Windows 10 Pro | Intel I7 CPU | 16 Gig 2133 RAM | Avast beta 17.5.2295 | Firefox 54 b9(64-bit) | Cyberfox 52.1 | T-Bird 52.1.1 | SpyWareBlaster 5.5 | MalwareBytes 3.0.0.865 | WinPatrol 35.5.2 | GlassWire 1.2.100 | Cybereason Ransomfree 2.2.7 |  Pulla-dePlug Final!

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2005, 04:12:49 PM »
Now, it's even better as the user does not have to uninstall the previous version like before, losing the configurations  8)
The best things in life are free.

Offline MikeBCda

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2005, 04:50:28 PM »
Just one thing to watch - if you don't clean up, you'll now have both 1.0.3 and 1.0.4 showing in the add-remove list.  Wish Mozilla would get their act together and fix that part of their otherwise neat install-over.

Use a utility like JV-16 or TweakUI to simply remove 1.0.3 from the add-remove list (remove, don't uninstall) -- or if you know where to find it in the registry, do it manually.
Intel Atom D2700, 2 gig RAM, Win 7 x64 SP1 & IE-11, Firefox 51.0
(default). 320 gig HD, 15Mb DSL, Win firewall, Avast 12.3.2280 free, SpywareBlaster, MBAM Prem., Crypto-Prevent

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2005, 05:29:47 PM »
Just one thing to watch - if you don't clean up, you'll now have both 1.0.3 and 1.0.4 showing in the add-remove list.  Wish Mozilla would get their act together and fix that part of their otherwise neat install-over.
I've checked personally this before posting... I did not have 1.0.3 there, only 1.0.4  ::)
So, I've posted they 'correct' this updating procedure. Maybe I'm the only lucky one  ::)
The best things in life are free.

Hopismum

« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2005, 05:50:44 PM »
I've checked personally this before posting... I did not have 1.0.3 there, only 1.0.4  ::)
So, I've posted they 'correct' this updating procedure. Maybe I'm the only lucky one  ::)

Same here Technical..   Only have 1.04 and I did use Firefox's updater...  didnt download the program.  (Although after doing so did wind up with the 1.04 install file on my desktop)      Fine with me..    I copied it to my other system thru our home network and updated that one while I was at it.

Husband called this morning though..   he got the little popup notice that Firefox had updates last nite so he clicked on it.    He said it ran fine.. said the update was complete.    However this morn when he tried to open Firefox it keeps telling him he cannot do so as it (the installation process) is being used.      When he gets to his next destination and in front of the system again Ill walk him thru getting it straight.

Offline YLAP

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #20 on: May 13, 2005, 09:09:54 PM »
I'm not using integrated update tool. Then i recieve notification, i download new version from website and then I'm uninstalling older version with add/remove programs and only then instaling the new one. And there aren't any dublicated versions. moreover, all settings, paswords and other things remains.

Offline polonus

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • malware fighter
« Reply #21 on: May 13, 2005, 09:37:34 PM »
Halo  Ylap,

That is exactly like I did it. If you have java installed in FF, update sun java in your configuration console where it says Applet click Mozilla (Firefox is moz.dev) and click Promt user if hinted. If you have an older version of sun java in Program Files delete it. Sometimes applets may like the older version (only if it is available of course). Surf safely and stay away from viruses, malware, scumware,

Pozdrawiam (Greetings)

POLONUS
Cybersecurity is more of an attitude than anything else. Avast Evangelists.

Use NoScript, a limited user account and a virtual machine and be safe(r)!

Offline YLAP

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #22 on: May 14, 2005, 08:01:00 AM »
I don't know... It seems i have the latest Java console on my pc, but i'll check these points.  ;)

Offline TedNelly

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • Trust No-One!
« Reply #23 on: May 14, 2005, 10:07:45 AM »

Only have FF 1.04 in add/remove programs I to had the set-up file on my desktop. Good backup
Windows 10 Pro | Intel I7 CPU | 16 Gig 2133 RAM | Avast beta 17.5.2295 | Firefox 54 b9(64-bit) | Cyberfox 52.1 | T-Bird 52.1.1 | SpyWareBlaster 5.5 | MalwareBytes 3.0.0.865 | WinPatrol 35.5.2 | GlassWire 1.2.100 | Cybereason Ransomfree 2.2.7 |  Pulla-dePlug Final!

Offline xistenz

• Poster
« Reply #24 on: May 14, 2005, 10:08:58 AM »

MFB

« Reply #25 on: May 14, 2005, 10:40:57 AM »
http://www.funnyfox.org  ;D ;D ;D

That's gonna makes wonder about Firefox, don't you think?  ;)

Offline polonus

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • malware fighter
« Reply #26 on: May 14, 2005, 10:00:27 PM »
Dear xistenz,

Nice this link you give, but what if you change org into com. I strongly advice not to do it, it will land you in trouble it is a attack site and you go flat out on memory. This is always the danger with misspelling links and extensions, virus and malware at bay. So educate our friends here: put a spoof check bookmark on your browser bar and backup your personal browser settings, but when the browser is closed, it will overwrite all settings if not. FF save bookmarks.HTML, cookies.txt, hostperm.1 (site-permissions:software install, cookie permissions etc.); signon.txt and key3.db (your saved logins/passwords); mimeTypes.rdf (file type associations); userChrome.css (customized browser appearance & behavior settings) on XP you can use backupffox programme.
or create a new profile at http://www.mozilla.org/support/firefox/profile#new

Greetings from

POLONUS
Cybersecurity is more of an attitude than anything else. Avast Evangelists.

Use NoScript, a limited user account and a virtual machine and be safe(r)!