Author Topic: Cannot delete .exe installation file  (Read 2244 times)

Rona123

Cannot delete .exe installation file
« on: May 12, 2005, 08:34:51 PM »
Hi, I hope someone can offer some advice. After downloading the installation file (setupeng.exe) to my desktop and installing the latest version of Avast Home (4.6, I think) on Windows XP Home, I tried to delete the installation file, but receive a message that I cannot because it is being used by another program. I've now uninstalled Avast AND have closed ALL non-system critical processes in task manager, and still can't delete this file. If I try to launch this file, I am told it is not a valid Win32 application. Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I can get this file off my desktop?

Thanks!

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: Cannot delete .exe installation file
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2005, 10:17:33 PM »
Hi, I hope someone can offer some advice. After downloading the installation file (setupeng.exe) to my desktop and installing the latest version of Avast Home (4.6, I think) on Windows XP Home, I tried to delete the installation file, but receive a message that I cannot because it is being used by another program. I've now uninstalled Avast AND have closed ALL non-system critical processes in task manager, and still can't delete this file. If I try to launch this file, I am told it is not a valid Win32 application. Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I can get this file off my desktop?

Thanks!

Use: MoveOnBoot or mst IsUsedBy to discover which file/process is blocking setupeng.exe file. Hope this helps.
Anyway, it's strange... I never saw this behavior before...  ::)

Welcome to forums  8)
The best things in life are free.