Author Topic: Avast log File  (Read 5352 times)

Barr_y

Avast log File
« on: May 13, 2005, 07:50:32 PM »
Can somebody please tel me what this is in my log file. I do have B9 on my computer it's what protects my e-mail.

09/05/2005 09:38:39   SYSTEM   1048   AAVM - scanning warning: x_AavmCheckFileDirectEx: http://www.firetrust.com/firetrustmwpro_upgrade.html (C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\_avast4_\PxB51.tmp) returning error, 0000A47E.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: Avast log File
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2005, 07:56:05 PM »
Can somebody please tel me what this is in my log file. I do have B9 on my computer it's what protects my e-mail.

09/05/2005 09:38:39   SYSTEM   1048   AAVM - scanning warning: x_AavmCheckFileDirectEx: http://www.firetrust.com/firetrustmwpro_upgrade.html (C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\_avast4_\PxB51.tmp) returning error, 0000A47E.
It seems just verbose of the logs... They promissed that this 'verbose' information will be taken off in future versions of avast.
Can you empty your Internet Cache (Firefox and Internet Explorer) and scan your system?
The best things in life are free.

Barr_y

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2005, 08:20:26 PM »
Thanks Technical

I clear my cache files daily in both Browsers and have my browser set to do it automatically when I restart my computer. I also clear the cache with the new Microsoft beta antispyware, but it still comes back. I also use complete Internet lite to clear the cache files.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2005, 08:30:34 PM »
But it still comes back.
Do you mean you can delete this file?

Barr_y

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2005, 08:55:07 PM »
I can only delete from the Avast log file, I don't know if it gets deleted when I clear my cache. I will run a scan with Avast and let you know if it comes back again. But that will take well over an hour, I was hoping they would speed the scan up a bit with future releases.

Barr_y

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2005, 09:48:30 PM »
Hi Technical

I have just completed a quick scan which only took 34 minutes,  I didn't have that file re-appear in the log file. I was really wondering if it was bad.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2005, 09:59:29 PM »
I didn't have that file re-appear in the log file. I was really wondering if it was bad.
Well, if you clear your caches, boot, ... and the file is not there why do you wonder it's bad?
I think it's good!  8)

Barr_y

« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2005, 12:15:41 AM »
Sorry Technical I think we are talking at cross purposes. I meant was the file in my log file bad. I also think Avast is fantastic,. The file I originally posted was a reference to upgrade my B9 or Mailwasher program. If you actually click on the url above, as I did, you will see that. So everything is OK thank you.

MFB

« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2005, 12:57:04 AM »
If this log file comes back, then there must be a log generator of this type of log.  I advise to just ignore this log for a few weeks and delete the file after every week. since the log generator might give you problems if you delete it.