Author Topic: Outlook starts and no Avast logo comes up?  (Read 4856 times)

unhide

Outlook starts and no Avast logo comes up?
« on: May 14, 2005, 06:43:01 PM »
Hello there,

since a message from OL (didnt know the text of it) the AVAST-Logo no more showing before OL is starting.
Are my Emails Virus & Script protectet?

Iam not realy shure. Is it normal?

Can anybody explain or help me plz.

rgds
Joerg

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Outlook starts and no Avast logo comes up?
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2005, 08:16:01 PM »
I suggest that you replicate the error and make a note of the error message. Otherwise we are left to guess as to the problem/solution.

the AVAST-Logo no more showing before OL is starting.
Which logo, where?
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline YLAP

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2005, 08:31:49 PM »
I think he's talking about Ms Outlook. Have you check settins in Outlook provider?

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2005, 09:08:33 PM »
the AVAST-Logo no more showing before OL is starting.
If the option to show it is checked, then be sure the avast plugin is not disabled into MS Outlook:

If you have Outlook 2003 > Help > About > Disabled items
If you have Outlook 2000 > Tools menu > Options > Other > Advanced Options > Add-In Manager.
The best things in life are free.

unhide

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2005, 05:05:34 PM »
Hi,

thank for the help.

1. The Add-in Manager is installed (aVast)
2. The Provider Settings are Ok, because the Message in the top of the says: "Provider is waiting for start from a sub-system". And the Outlook/Exchange Icon on the left side is grey?
How can i change these?

kamulko

« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2005, 05:48:13 PM »
I don't see the "grey" icon... it seems well "coloured" and running (on your screenshot)!

Offline YLAP

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2005, 06:18:47 PM »
It means, that it start only then you start outllok. As I know...   :-\  I'm not using outlook anymore... it's the reason it's grey on my pc too.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2005, 04:19:58 AM »
"Provider is waiting for start from a sub-system". How can i change these?

The message "The provider is waiting on the subsystem to start" will be shown there until you open MS Outlook.
The plugin will be enabled automatically after that.

unhide

« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2005, 10:23:01 AM »
Good morning,

i think i have it. My Email are protectet. I see alway the incoming messages from aVast.
And the reason of disabled Provider OUTLOOK/EXCHANGE is, that i have a AddIn for Exchange-Server installed. Because it is not running. I use a Workstation. The Provider INTERNETMAIL is running and protect my Emails. That can be if you have installed Exchange Server AddIns and you start Exchange there is coming a logo from aVast.
My Theory.
Take a look attached gifs.

rgds Joerg

ahwii

« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2005, 12:10:28 AM »
Finding the disabled add-ins is just what I needed.  When starting Outlook 2003, I saw a popup and just clicked yes rather than fully reading it.  It was something about disabling an add-in.  Avast no longer put its splash screen on top of Outlook's spalsh screen.  An unintall, reboot, reinstall, reboot didn't help.  Outlook still remembered to disable the Avast plugin.  Once I did the HELP/ABOUT... mentioined above, all is now working again. 

Thanks!

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2005, 12:59:57 AM »
That can be if you have installed Exchange Server AddIns and you start Exchange there is coming a logo from aVast.
No, you don't need a server to have it working. Just start MS Outlook (not Outlook Express) in your system and check.
This is the normal behavior of a plugin: only works when the main program is running.
On contrary, the providers could stay running in background even when the main program (for instance, Outlook Express) is not running.

all is now working again.
Glad that you succeed  ;)

ahwii

« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2005, 12:21:37 PM »
I would, however, recommend that Avast do something to prevent this condition from occuring with others.  When the popup occurs as Outlook starts, it very easy to simply click YES and have Outlook disable the plugin until it is explictely re-enabled. 

So:

Can Avast's resident portion detect when Outlook is running and the plugin is NOT running?  When it was disabled, all I saw in the main Avast screen was something like:  "waiting for plugin to respond" or something like this (regardless if Outlook was running or not).  The Avast resident portion should:

1) See that Outlook is running, is no longer in initialization startup, and the plugin is still not responding and offer to re-enable the plugin or minimally tell the user what they have to do to re-enable it.

2) If Outlook is NOT running, then tell the user that the plugin only operates when Outlook is running.

thanks,