Author Topic: Avast deleted half my main projects  (Read 20738 times)

czardas

Re: Avast deleted half my main projects
« Reply #45 on: September 16, 2013, 11:30:22 PM »
Thanks. that looks like a great place to start. :)

czardas

« Reply #46 on: October 02, 2013, 10:08:05 PM »
The latest upfdate seems to have reverted everything back to an unstable state again. I received 3 options: to block, move to chest or delete my file. I'm pretty sure the file was not being flagged before. Now I'm beginning to get areas of my computer unprotected because I have to add folders to exclusions. I feel vunerable as a consequence. There was no option to take no action, nor was there an option to use sandbox. I don't know what is happening with updates but they are causing havock for me personally.

I got no option to report my file as a false positive. This was a new window which I haven't seem before.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2013, 10:27:36 PM by czardas »

Offline Milos

• Avast team
  • Super Poster
« Reply #47 on: October 03, 2013, 10:32:19 AM »
The latest upfdate seems to have reverted everything back to an unstable state again. I received 3 options: to block, move to chest or delete my file. I'm pretty sure the file was not being flagged before. Now I'm beginning to get areas of my computer unprotected because I have to add folders to exclusions. I feel vunerable as a consequence. There was no option to take no action, nor was there an option to use sandbox. I don't know what is happening with updates but they are causing havock for me personally.

I got no option to report my file as a false positive. This was a new window which I haven't seem before.
Hello,
post the screenshot of the window, please.

Milos

czardas

« Reply #48 on: October 03, 2013, 11:48:13 AM »
Hi Milos,

Here's the screen. I'm not sure if it's a new one, or if I just never saw it before. I was expecting the file to either run or to be given the option to use sandbox. None of the options I am presented with are the choice I wish to make.

Offline Milos

• Avast team
  • Super Poster
« Reply #49 on: October 03, 2013, 12:32:03 PM »
Hi Milos,

Here's the screen. I'm not sure if it's a new one, or if I just never saw it before. I was expecting the file to either run or to be given the option to use sandbox. None of the options I am presented with are the choice I wish to make.
Hello,
send the file to virus@avast.com with subject "False positive".

Milos

czardas

« Reply #50 on: October 03, 2013, 03:04:40 PM »
Thanks again for your time and concern. I have sent the file which is a simulated wind chime (I hope you like music apps). :)