Author Topic: Questions About BART  (Read 6717 times)

indyprod

Questions About BART
« on: April 22, 2005, 11:18:17 PM »
Hi There.

I was wondering if it was possible to install the ISO image Avast BART creates onto a CD-RW and boot from it.  I have been trying without success.

If this was possible, couldnt I then just copy over the new virus definitions as they are available.

The goal is to use one updatable cd.

Another idea is if I can copy over the latest definitions onto a CD-R, would Avast read the most recent ones?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts on this.  It seems that this would be the purpose of the Avast BART cd... but I am unsure how to make it work.  The best I can do is make an ISO, and then when the new definitions come out... make a new (update) ISO.

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
Re: Questions About BART
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2005, 09:47:54 AM »
Well, that's the expected procedure - when the updated definitions are released, simply let the new ISO be created and overwrite it over the CD-RW medium you use for BART.

You can supply the new definitions (VPS file) e.g. on a diskette, or if you have multiple CD drivers on the computer, maybe even on another CD - but I don't think it's very comfortable. The CD writers are quite fast today, so I think updating the whole CD-RW is simply the best.