Author Topic: Am I Eligible to use Avast Free BETA?  (Read 3156 times)

REDACTED

Am I Eligible to use Avast Free BETA?
« on: September 16, 2013, 06:13:10 PM »
I am newbie in Computer and is Using Computer about 4 Years! (almost 3 years)
I have crashed my Computer 8+ times and have wasted a lot of money for fixing them.
I am now on a Windows XP Sp2, 512 MB RAM, 3 Ghz Pentium Dual Processor, 128 Graphics Memory
and also on a laptop, Windows 7, 4GB RAM, 2 Ghz Pentiu B960 Processor, 2 GB Gaphics Memory
But Using Beautiful Apps is my Hobbie!
Now I don't want to take any Risks!
But on other Side, I Love the GUI of avast 9!
Please Help

true indian

Re: Am I Eligible to use Avast Free BETA?
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2013, 06:21:36 PM »
No..Its a beta software and its under testing.It will release next month.Stick with avast free software for now.And add comodo firewall to it and stay there.Dont forget to have backup softwares.I use COMODO Time Machine here to backup stuff.  :)

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2013, 06:23:55 PM »
NEXT MONTH??

WOULD I BE ABLE TO USE MY AVAST PREMIER (bought today) to use after the realease?

true indian

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2013, 06:26:21 PM »
NEXT MONTH??

WOULD I BE ABLE TO USE MY AVAST PREMIER (bought today) to use after the realease?

My opinion: Instead of  avast premier,stick with free,I have lots of clients with free version being safe out there.Avast will ask you to update the program when its released.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2013, 12:34:24 PM by True Indian »

Offline Para-Noid

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • Trust only what you test yourself!
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2013, 06:45:13 PM »

Yes! The license is issue by date and not by version. In other words when you update to a newer version just insert the license.
As far as beta testing goes, there are always risks involved. So far v2014 beta2 has been quite stable.
But, if you aren't prepared to accept the risks stick with v8.0.xxxx for now.

Also using all caps is considered shouting.
See http://www.evdl.org/pages/netiq.html
Dell Inspiron, Win10x64--HP Envy Win10x64--Both systems Avast Free v17.9.2322, Comodo Firewall v8.2 w/D+, MalwareBytes v3.0, OpenDNS, Super Anti-Spyware, Spyware Blaster, MCShield, Unchecky, Vivaldi Browser and, various browser security tools.

"Look before you leap!" Use online scanners before you click on any link.

true indian

« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2013, 06:48:56 PM »
 Totally agree, any security product without user common sense equals failure. It doesn't make a different if one product has better detection on AV testing sites, none will detect everything. Nothing will offer 100% protection except for user knowledge. Either you learn or you will get infected no matter which security product(s) you decide to use that is just the way it is. Once you learn then just about any free AV will offer you enough protection.

REDACTED

3 QUESTIONS
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2013, 08:19:43 AM »
Q:1--->Would Avast! Internet Security users will get a chance to upgrade to Avast Premier?
Q:2--->Is avast Premier, really superior than avast FREE if they do not use additional softwares for security?
Q:3--->I did a full scan with avast premier and after that i did scan with Quick Heal Internet Security and I found Malware on the same laptop. Is avast Premier not the full security?  :-\ Unluckily, I own a 3 year avast premier

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2013, 01:10:11 PM »
Re Q3, no one can answer your question with zero information about the detection, file name, malware name and location, etc.

No one can say if the detection is trivial or a real issue, given that, presumably it has been on your system for some time.

No one can say if the detection might be a false positive without investigation, e.g. uploading to virustotal for scanning by
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

true indian

Re: 3 QUESTIONS
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2013, 04:44:41 AM »
Q:3--->I did a full scan with avast premier and after that i did scan with Quick Heal Internet Security and I found Malware on the same laptop. Is avast Premier not the full security?  :-\ Unluckily, I own a 3 year avast premier

QK has a ton of false positives meaning wrong detections and as I have said earlier it is NOT reliable as a source of detection due to very low scores in independent tests...if you want to get virus checkup go to our viruses and worms section and make a topic and we can help.

Using any AV software to check your computer for viruses is useless,you need professional tools to do that for you.AV= protection tools=removing
« Last Edit: September 19, 2013, 04:46:14 AM by True Indian »