Author Topic: Avast doesn't like libcamsobj.dll why?  (Read 2307 times)

triumph406

Avast doesn't like libcamsobj.dll why?
« on: September 19, 2013, 08:40:07 AM »
There's a file in an old CAD program I use that has a file libcamsobj.dll that AVAST seems to have taken a disliking too.

When I went to load the program, a red warning pop'd up warning me about an unwanted action, then quickly dissapeared. When I tried to start the program, it said that libcamsobj.dll was missing, and that reloading the program would maybe fix the program. When I tried to copy libcamsobj.dll back to it's correct location, I was prevented from doing so. The only way I could copy the file, and run the program was by disabling AVAST.

This only happened for the 1st time yesterday, is the latest update the problem?

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
Re: Avast doesn't like libcamsobj.dll why?
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2013, 08:53:36 AM »
upload and test the file at www.virustotal.com   if tested before, click new scan
post link to scan result here

if you have not rebooted computer since this happend....
right click avast tray icon .... show last popup ... click pin in top right corner, this will make it stay on screen
take screenshot and attach here

triumph406

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2013, 09:28:29 AM »
This is the scan result

https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/2f63015d05c4ab7c8fc84a33a52731e19367a53163040acb7104e6dc8d31f376/analysis/1379575348/

Last pop up was about updates (blue background)

Since I rebooted it seems ok, when I did get the red popup there was option (I think) to recognise the action and allow it in the future, I tried clicking the line, but nothing happened, I was able to click the line below which then asked details of the files for review. Sorry for being a bit sketchy, it's beena panic to get work out, so I do whatever it takes to get going again

Offline Milos

• Avast team
  • Super Poster
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2013, 10:05:05 AM »
Hello,
thank you for notice, false positive will be fixed in next stream update.

Milos