Author Topic: Disable Remote Assistance  (Read 6546 times)

thuskey

Disable Remote Assistance
« on: September 23, 2013, 05:39:23 PM »
Is there a way during install to disable the remote assistance? Also how can you verify on a computer that it is in fact connected to the console? Thanks
« Last Edit: September 23, 2013, 05:41:32 PM by thuskey »

Offline dshetter

Re: Disable Remote Assistance
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2013, 11:04:02 PM »
I don't know about the first part, but the client installs access the server for license info, so if it says trial mode its probably not connected. (or you are out of licenses)

milnesy

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2013, 04:52:29 PM »
I would love to find a way to disable the remote assistance, or at least put the password on it. This can potentially cause a problem with students in labs not paying attention because they are controlling each other's machines.

jsnyder

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2013, 08:30:49 PM »
I was afraid of this as well with our students.  I went ahead and password protected the entire Avast program.  I couldn't find a way to password protect just the remote assistance.

nazer

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2013, 05:28:55 PM »
Unfortulately, you cannot remove remote assistance tool using avast admin console. But you can remove the component from client machine
go to add/Remove Program or Program features, select Avast --> click change/ remove button --> select --> Change and next uncheck Remote assistance tool --> next

Che Johnson

« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2013, 03:21:51 PM »
Hello,

Remote assistance is only available with EPSP however the option on the user interface is available but it the actual services are not installed.

REDACTED

Disable Remote Assistance
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2014, 08:24:59 PM »
I would like to deploy to clients with the Remote Assistance disabled.  I cannot find a way to do this.  There is an older thread in the forum about this, but the only solution seems to be to go to each client and run Add/Remove to change the installation.  That does work, but is not practical with a large number of clients in several locations.  Has anyone found a solution to this?  Or why can't the console give you that option.  I can disable SafeZone, etc., but no option for RA.  (Password protect access to the interface is one option also).

The problem is, I can't have students controlling one another's machines.  That would lead to many problems.  Thanks!

Offline /# Thomas #/

« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2015, 02:28:50 PM »
I would be interested to know how remote assistance is even working for you. In my experience, it is disabled even though we actually want to use it.

See: https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=151361.0