Author Topic: Need help? Please, read this little suggestion. Thank you.  (Read 3357 times)

kamulko

EVEREST Home Edition is a freeware hardware diagnostics and memory benchmarking solution for home PC users, based on the award-winning EVEREST Technology. It offers the world's most accurate hardware information and diagnostics capabilities, including online features, memory benchmarks, hardware monitoring, and low-level hardware information. It offer also a complete list of installed softwares.

I suggest to run this program before posting here for help. A short report of the system configuration make more easy the problem solving for all Avast! Forum people who want help you!

http://www.lavalys.com/products/overview.php?pid=1&lang=en
« Last Edit: May 17, 2005, 07:10:09 PM by Kamulko! »

Offline YLAP

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
Re: Need help? Please, read this little suggestion. Thank you.
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2005, 07:21:05 PM »
Highly recommended for everyone. I have it too.  ;)

Offline MikeBCda

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2005, 06:10:37 PM »
One slight correction - or maybe I'm not installed correctly?

The home edition of new version 2.00, out about a week or so ago, does not include installed software.  That's only in the Pro (or whatever it's called) edition.  Plus I think it was included in the home edition of earlier versions.

I forget what it was called before Lavalys/Everest bought it out, but back when it was an independent it also included the ability to check for updates to itself online.  So the home edition, at least, has been trimmed down a little.

(Edit) Notwithstanding, I agree it's a great product.  My monitor is identified by just about every other utility as simply "plug-and-play", but Everest pins it down to make, model, and even (approximate) date of manufacture.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2005, 06:14:11 PM by MikeBCda »
Intel Atom D2700, 2 gig RAM, Win 7 x64 SP1 & IE-11, Firefox 51.0
(default). 320 gig HD, 15Mb DSL, Win firewall, Avast 12.3.2280 free, SpywareBlaster, MBAM Prem., Crypto-Prevent

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2005, 07:23:11 PM »
Strange that, the Lavalys home page doesn't mention Home 2.0 only the 1.51 version (has installed programs in the Software section) but the download page shows the latest version of home as 2.0 as you said.

I guess I would have to check the version differences and see if the loss of the installed programs is made up by the change log for 2.0.

You can see a feature list here - http://www.lavalys.com/products/eapm.php?pid=1&lang=en - and the software information is gone in the 2.0 home version.

Although there are other programs you can use to make up this short fall, Belarc gives a limited program information section.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2005, 07:30:23 PM by DavidR »
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2005, 08:20:36 PM »
Just been doing some checking and there is a lot of stuff missing in the change from 1.51 - 2.0 in the Everest Home Edition, see image. So I think I will be staying with version 1.51 as Everest wouldn't allow for the installation of both versions, even on different folders I couldn't get it to work.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security