Author Topic: Avast 6&8 NO INTERNET ACCESS  (Read 3617 times)

TheCriticizer

Avast 6&8 NO INTERNET ACCESS
« on: June 20, 2013, 07:35:53 PM »
Ever since I started using avast on January 29, 2013, I no longer have any internet access up until now!! Before I used avast, I never had any problems accessing the internet. Now all I see is "No Network access" and a "yellow exclamation mark" on the network icon. I read countless forums about solutions on how to solve this problem but none of them seem to work permanently. I already saw forums about selecting "Scan traffic from well known processes only". Thing is, it doesn't work. I even read that disabling all the shields which only TEMPORARILY helped. Its like avast broke something on your computer that won't let you access the internet anymore.  >:( Any suggestions for a permanent solution would be appreciated. ((The only way I could've posted this was using the library's computer  :'(  ))

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
Re: Avast 6&8 NO INTERNET ACCESS
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2013, 07:40:05 PM »
what antivirus did you use before avast?
did you uninstall it before installing avast?
did you use the vendors removal tool to clear any leftover files that may conflict?

tools here.   http://singularlabs.com/uninstallers/security-software/

TheCriticizer

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2013, 07:43:13 PM »
I used ZoneAlarm before Avast and I am certain that when I uninstalled ZoneAlarm, there were no leftover files.

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2013, 07:53:47 PM »
The Zone Alarm removal tool can be found here http://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?s=cb297d1f14eb0f62f39b86a912dcee0a&showtopic=127580 and should be run if you have not done so already.

Have you also tried uninstalling avast to see if your internet connection re-established ?

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2013, 08:09:56 PM »
can you explain your topic title... avast 6 and 8  ?

Thim

« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2013, 12:24:50 AM »
Hello, it's true. I switched off the network shield, re-enabled network interface and the yellow exclamation mark has gone.
Avast must be blocking the Internet access check in Windows 7.