Author Topic: Can't turn off Notification Sound  (Read 3389 times)

Atschi

Can't turn off Notification Sound
« on: September 25, 2013, 07:37:05 AM »
After installation of Avast Mobile Security on my Samsung Galaxy S3 (GT-I9300, Android 4.1.2 - I9300XXEMG4). I encountered the problem that even in Silent Mode all the notification sounds (email reception, Hangout messages, etc.) were played. First I thought of a problem with EasyProfiles I use to change settings fast and based on rules. I therefore uninstalled EasyProfiles. But this didn't have any effect on the phone's behavior concerning the playing of notifications sounds.

Just after unstallation of Avast the phone went back to its normal behavior of not playing notification sound when set to mute or vibrate.

Unfortunately because if this strange behavior Avast is at the moment a no-go as I don't want to be woken up at night (when the phone is in silent mode) every time a message arrives.

Is this a know issue? And if so, is there a solution in sight?

Offline Filip Havlicek

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
Re: Can't turn off Notification Sound
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2013, 08:12:46 AM »
Hi,

never heard of that. Does it happen when you have only Mobile Security installed without Anti-Theft?

Filip

Atschi

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2013, 08:14:50 AM »
Yes - the same happens without Anti-Theft installed on the device.

Offline Filip Havlicek

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2013, 08:51:05 AM »
That's really weird case in Mobile Security we change the sound levels only in SMS/Call filter and if you didn't have that set up, it doesn't make any sense. It might be some other app(s) misbehaving due to their improper implementation after installation of Mobile Security. We have S3 currently in the office and it never behaved like you describe. I'll doublecheck, but I don't think it's a direct fault of Mobile Security.

Filip

Atschi

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2013, 09:29:16 AM »
The only other application I have installed that may interferes with Avast is Extreme Call Blocker. I love this App because it let me control very specifically who can and can't call me when (even better than Avast would do...). But I will uninstall it and install avast again to give it a try as soon as I have the time later this week.

Offline Filip Havlicek

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2013, 09:32:00 AM »
OK, thanks a lot.

Filip

REDACTED

« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2013, 12:00:01 PM »
Same problem here, S3 beeping all the meetings :( Using SMS Popup app, but same behaviour even after uninstalling this.

Lubos

That's really weird case in Mobile Security we change the sound levels only in SMS/Call filter and if you didn't have that set up, it doesn't make any sense. It might be some other app(s) misbehaving due to their improper implementation after installation of Mobile Security. We have S3 currently in the office and it never behaved like you describe. I'll doublecheck, but I don't think it's a direct fault of Mobile Security.

Filip

Offline Filip Havlicek

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2013, 12:14:20 PM »
And if you uninstall Mobile Security, it works? Do you use SMS/Call filter in Mobile Security?

Filip