Author Topic: avast 2014, broke down network  (Read 2979 times)

fado

avast 2014, broke down network
« on: October 18, 2013, 12:11:05 PM »
Yesterday i have updated avast to 2014 version and after restart computer I have toubles with network. After system start everything is ok but after 1min when avast start then network brokes down and whole system is unstable. When I swhitched to windows safe mode then everything is ok.
But next problem, I cannot uninstall avast... I stay in one point and I can do nothing.

Any solution? I really need to my pc work today and in another case I will have to reinstall whole os -_-"

Praeses

Re: avast 2014, broke down network
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2013, 12:16:36 PM »
Did you maybe upgrade to Windows 8.1 yesterdat? I had to install a newer NIC driver when I installed as it kept saying cable unplugged every now and then.

fado

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2013, 12:18:32 PM »
no, I am using win7 sp1 64bit

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2013, 12:22:39 PM »
What exact version of avast are you using?
How did you update?
Any error message when you try to uninstall avast?
Have you rebooted multiple times?
Any error when you try to use the network?
Do you mean a network or the internet?

fado

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2013, 12:42:27 PM »
Now i will not tell which exactly was this version, but about 21 PL time I have got message from avast about update to 2014 version and I accepted update.

Yes, i have restared laptop about 10 times end each time same. It was working only in secure mode. Now i removed avast and everything works fine.

No any message, I really don't know what happens because it was uninstalling about 1hour and i restared pc because this will never end... If you will show some logs what happening then will be fine because it looks like some kind of hang...
I removed avast using yours external tool to remove it.

No any error, webrowsers were waitnig for respond.
Ping of google.com or dns 8.8.8.8 was unrechable.

Operaitng system was unstable, everything was really slow and even firefox not started...

Network, because first thing about I think was that my router broke down but then even access to router was impossible.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2013, 12:44:14 PM by fado »

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2013, 01:02:45 PM »
Now i will not tell which exactly was this version
We can not try to help you if you refuse to tell the exact version.

Do you have any other security software installed? (or did you?) And if so which one(s)?

What EXACT version of avast did you had installed and with what EXACT tool did you remove it? (aswclear or avastclear)

From what version of avast did you upgrade?

fado

« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2013, 01:14:49 PM »
Now i will not tell which exactly was this version
We can not try to help you if you refuse to tell the exact version.

I just don't know because it was automatic updated and after upgrade UI did not start... (There was process of avast in task manager but there was no posibility to show window of avast).

Do you have any other security software installed? (or did you?) And if so which one(s)?
Yes, i have firewall, zone alarm

What EXACT version of avast did you had installed and with what EXACT tool did you remove it? (aswclear or avastclear)

From what version of avast did you upgrade?
I used avastclear for removing (and it works).

It was avast free 8.**** I don't know what release version it was, but I was trying to be updated to highest level.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2013, 01:17:42 PM by fado »