Author Topic: Avast is not allowing me into Menucool.com  (Read 1594 times)

Inside-Peru

Avast is not allowing me into Menucool.com
« on: September 26, 2013, 05:11:02 AM »
This is a free slide show program that some my acquaintances are using with no problems, some for a long time. I cannot get into it since Avast! is blocking it due to malware.

However, my friends say their antivirus etc programs do not consider it a threat.

How can I get into the site?

Thanks

Offline redwolfe_98

Re: Avast is not allowing me into Menucool.com
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2013, 07:41:01 AM »
first of all, can you post a screenshot, or some data from a log-file, showing why the webpage was blocked?

as for being able to access the website that is being blocked, you could look in the avast program's settings, to find a setting for excluding the URL, so that it is no longer blocked..

another option is to look in the avast program's "help" file for information about settings for "excluding" a URL, when it is being blocked, so that it will no longer be blocked..

one of the fist things that a computer-user should learn is to look at a program's "settings"-options.. doing that can help to easily resolve "problems"..

there probably is a valid reason for the website's being blocked..

iroc9555

Re: Avast is not allowing me into Menucool.com
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2013, 12:46:40 PM »
Hi Inside-Peru. Welcome to avast! Forums.

Avast! is alerting a HTML:Script-inf. If you believe this is a F/P report to avast! here:
http://www.avast.com/contact-form.php?loadStyles
let avast! team take a look at it and decide.

Never exclude a program or URL that avast! is detecting until it is sure that is a F/P.