Author Topic: Safezone issue PLEASE HELP/RESPOND!!!!!  (Read 23182 times)

kevbeck

Re: Safezone issue PLEASE HELP/RESPOND!!!!!
« Reply #45 on: October 20, 2013, 08:14:59 PM »
system restore was success im assuming i should try to reinstall again ?? How do i know the same issue wont occur since ill be doing the exact same thing the same way? My day is getting shorter and im in a hurry so im going to reinstall, hopefully avast accepts my license key and my system doesnt do the freeze bs again. What would you like me to do?
« Last Edit: October 20, 2013, 10:53:35 PM by kevbeck »

kevbeck

« Reply #46 on: October 20, 2013, 08:35:16 PM »
CALL THE CAVALRY !!! im tired of working with this. The same issue is happening. I just re-installed AIS 2014 after doing system restoreafter installing the first time.
******************2. After installing AIS 2014 , all shields are turned off and i cannot turn it on. It says i have 0 days for my subscription
3. Avast will not accept my license file , when inserting, i get " Unable to insert the license file. The AAVM subsystem detected a RPC error.************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
 I already have a purchased license so i select the option to insert the license before installing. There is also another option to use the 30-day free trial and then insert license after the 30 days expire. I have not tried that option. Now im going to restart my computer to see if that fixes the issue. This is when my computer froze after every boot up. Im assuming the same thing is going to happen. I really need my pc to work properly and need to use it today i would like to have everything up and running ASAP... Any suggestions on how to get this great software to run properly ?

Offline essexboy

• Malware removal instructor
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
« Reply #47 on: October 20, 2013, 10:30:09 PM »
After the restore I should have said run aswclear as Avast does not play well with system restore.  My apologies

Download Uninstall Utility to your Desktop.
Download the correct version of Avast 
Avast Free
Avast Pro
Avast Internet Security
Avast Premier
Disconnect from the net
Uninstall Avast via control panel

• Run aswClear
  • It will offer to reboot to safe mode

• In the Select Product to Uninstall dropdown choose the version of Avast that is on your system.
  • Press Uninstall
  • Once complete reboot your system to Normal Mode
  • Reinstall Avast
----------

kevbeck

« Reply #48 on: October 20, 2013, 10:31:18 PM »
Ive tried the above method twice already. Ive started fesh - a quick recap of the actions ive take below and where i currently stand
This was after using the Uninstall utility and reinstalling after = Inserting my license does not work and avast has all shiels turned off and selecting any option in the UI yields the same RPC error noted earlier in this post. ive attempted to uninstall but i get "there was an error during product installation . i was forced to restore the system to a point where i did not have avast installed. Now, every time i install avast, whether its the AIS, FREE, version i having having a consistent issue = All shields are turned off and my license does not insert. If i try to repair and restart, my sys freezes and i am forced to do a system restore. If i try to install l i get an error message noted above. This is a never ending loop. ive tried to reinstall 3 times already after restoring to a pont after i used the uninstall utility. Now i currently do not have avast installed and my computer is working flawlessly. Please tell me how to  get avast working on my system again. The above method does not work. I wait for a response
« Last Edit: October 20, 2013, 10:37:27 PM by kevbeck »

Offline essexboy

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
« Reply #49 on: October 20, 2013, 10:35:56 PM »
Even though you restored to a time before Avast was installed it will only replace the system files, it may well leave some other drivers/files on the system albeit inoperative
So for safeties sake run AswClear before installing Avast (use the V9 one)

kevbeck

« Reply #50 on: October 20, 2013, 10:37:54 PM »
k ill do it again

kevbeck

« Reply #51 on: October 20, 2013, 10:53:16 PM »
I used the utility again and uninstalled avast. I already tried this, now if i try to download and install again, i will have the same issues noted above and i will have to do a system restore after installing again because after subsequenlty restarting my computer after the installation it will freeze. Mind you the system does not freeze now..

Offline essexboy

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
« Reply #52 on: October 20, 2013, 10:54:36 PM »
Before you start could you go to control panel > device manager and see if any of your network connectors have a yellow triangle

kevbeck

« Reply #53 on: October 21, 2013, 12:04:14 AM »
Yes one does : Network adapters = avast! Firewall NDIS Filter Miniport . under properties it says = Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged. (Code 19)

** Do i delete this since avast was and still is uninstalled on my system ??????????????
« Last Edit: October 21, 2013, 04:08:27 AM by kevbeck »

kevbeck

« Reply #54 on: October 21, 2013, 01:14:03 AM »
i assume my issue of not being able to reinstall is related to some of the other posts with similar issues.

Offline essexboy

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
« Reply #55 on: October 21, 2013, 03:04:46 PM »
That is the problem I experienced with the RC however it disappeared with the final release

I was never able to figure out why especially as I was the only one reporting the problem

After the uninstall of Avast and a reboot the yellow triangles should disappear http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=135763.0

kevbeck

« Reply #56 on: October 21, 2013, 07:24:23 PM »
So I've attempted multiple times to reinstall and uninstall and avast always has all shields turned off and firewall and safezone continue to not work. How do I fix this.  Is there a way to completely remove all traces of avast including registry as if avast never existed on my system. ?

Offline essexboy

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
« Reply #57 on: October 21, 2013, 07:51:44 PM »
Try Rejzors small tool, this clears all of it.  http://my.opera.com/rejzor/blog/2013/02/01/avast-cleanup-tool

The programme is safe and can be trusted