Author Topic: Mail scanner blocks ALL mail  (Read 26792 times)

Offline TedNelly

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • Trust No-One!
Re: Mail scanner blocks ALL mail
« Reply #45 on: May 21, 2005, 08:23:30 AM »

Are you still running 2 Anti-Virus programs???

May 20, 2005, 12:24:10 AM »
Well, I killed off the avg, reinstalled and rebooted--AGAIN--and --voila--no change...

Today May 21 at 12:31:32 AM »

HAve haad the beta going for the better part of 24 hours now..has settled in well--all my previous problems---see--
http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=13576.0

seem to have been corrected..am also running avg, so far so good!!
Windows 10 Pro | Intel I7 CPU | 16 Gig 2133 RAM | Avast beta 17.5.2295 | Firefox 54 b9(64-bit) | Cyberfox 52.1 | T-Bird 52.1.1 | SpyWareBlaster 5.5 | MalwareBytes 3.0.0.865 | WinPatrol 35.5.2 | GlassWire 1.2.100 | Cybereason Ransomfree 2.2.7 |  Pulla-dePlug Final!

Offline alanrf

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • Just an avast user
« Reply #46 on: May 21, 2005, 10:04:15 AM »
Today May 21 at 12:31:32 AM »

HAve haad the beta going for the better part of 24 hours now..has settled in well--all my previous problems---see--
http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=13576.0

seem to have been corrected..am also running avg, so far so good!!

I have spent more than a few minutes calculating the time differences between South Australia and California ... and I am now fairly certain that this post does not show up for me (any Avast team member - what's up with replication?).

However, I assume that the quote by P3t3rb0nn is accurate.

If Teulk is indeed wilfully ignoring the advice given not to run two antivirus services in tandem then further time attempting to provide support in this thread or reading its content is wasted.

Offline TedNelly

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • Trust No-One!
« Reply #47 on: May 21, 2005, 11:27:48 AM »

alanrf indeed my observations are correct Teulk has required help on this topic for a few

days now. Yourself, DavidR, numerous other members including myself have offered assistance

on this subject. DavidR infact guided Teulk to keep the topic under one heading as multiple

posts dealing basically with the same topic where causing confusion. If I am incorrect I humbly

apologies however according to the posted dates Teulk is persisting with 2 AV's
Windows 10 Pro | Intel I7 CPU | 16 Gig 2133 RAM | Avast beta 17.5.2295 | Firefox 54 b9(64-bit) | Cyberfox 52.1 | T-Bird 52.1.1 | SpyWareBlaster 5.5 | MalwareBytes 3.0.0.865 | WinPatrol 35.5.2 | GlassWire 1.2.100 | Cybereason Ransomfree 2.2.7 |  Pulla-dePlug Final!

ramses

« Reply #48 on: May 22, 2005, 01:41:30 AM »
I just had the same problem when I switched my notebook from AVG to Avast.  Could not get POP mail but could get IMAP.  I had shutdown the AVG Control Center but guess the email scanner was still active.  I restarted the AVG Control Center and then exited and then everything started working.  I have both on my main PC with no problems.  But somehow the AVG email scanner continued to run even tho I had rebooted many times.

Hope this helps.  :)

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #49 on: May 23, 2005, 12:23:02 AM »
I had shutdown the AVG Control Center but guess the email scanner was still active.
In fact, AVG email scanner is a different process than the Control Center.
You should disable the email scanner into the Control Center and check if a startup item remains for the email scanner, removing it.
Note, last version of AVG email scanners is not fully compatible with avast email scanner as far I could test...  :P
The best things in life are free.

Teulk

« Reply #50 on: May 31, 2005, 04:36:32 AM »
I humbly apologize for being away from this thread for over a week--or more--but, well, lets just say it was a personal crisis, shall we??
To continue-if I can, I have disabled AVG during my absence, and the problem still persists.
I tried to find more info in the FAQ, but it all reads the same to me..any other pertinent threads have been looked at--as many as I could handle since my return, anyway--and I am still having the same deal.
Any other ideas, gents?? I will be hanging about for at least the next 2 days--then after that, I'm afraid I'll be off again for a bit---sorry for any inconvenience--I realize that it is imppossible to help someone who is not here at all times, or available for recommendations put out by the techs--and I'm sure they are all SUPER at what they do--who support this forum...sounds like a little smooching of the butt, I am sure, but I just want it known that I appreciated the help that I have recieved so far, and would consider myself lucky to keep on getting it after dropping the ball there for a week or so...

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #51 on: May 31, 2005, 05:19:14 AM »
I have disabled AVG during my absence, and the problem still persists.
As far I could test, you should uninstall AVG to 'remove' email scanner. Disabling is not enough.
Note, I've used AVG email scanner + avast since two weeks ago. Problems appear after an AVG update.
I tried all possible solutions and only uninstalling AVG give me peace  :)
The best things in life are free.

Teulk

« Reply #52 on: May 31, 2005, 10:02:11 PM »
OK--shall do a clean install of everything BUT AVG--and see what the outcome is--shall return later with the results...
Thanks for the continued advice...