Author Topic: Application Locking  (Read 4508 times)

Meff

Application Locking
« on: October 02, 2013, 07:47:56 PM »
Hey,

im using Avast for quite a while now. With the recent update something like "Application Locking" has been invented. I dont want to use this feature (AT ALL!!). Is there any possibility to turn it of completely? I just accidently locked my Whatsapp and the only way to turn it off was to reinstall it. I didnt find any option within the Avast menu.

Please help me!!

Offline Filip Havlicek

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
Re: Application Locking
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2013, 10:21:58 PM »
Hi,

well, the feature is on the dashboard, just look for App Locking, you can disable it completely in its settings. If you don't want to be bothered by the advisory notifications (about App Locking as well), you can turn them off completely in AMS Settings (accessible from the drawer or action bar on dashboard).

Filip

Meff

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2013, 12:12:53 AM »
Sorry to bother you, but where do i find my Dashboard? I logged into my Avast Account on the internet and didnt find the option. Neither do i in the app itself. Could you please explain me where to find these 2 settings? Thank you.

Offline Filip Havlicek

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2013, 07:33:55 AM »
Hi,

Dashboard is what you see when you enter the app on your device (it's a list of features beginning with Virus Scanner) - you might need to scroll down a bit to find the App Locking. Once there, you might either unlock your Whatsapp (you'll most probably be asked for a PIN while doing so) or go to settings (icon in the action bar - top right) and disable App Locking completely. Now this disables the feature itself, but not the notifications you get while installing/updating some of the apps we think deserve locking. If you want to disable those as well, go to the Dashboard again and either click on the three dots in the top right corner or tap on the loho in the top left corner. Either way, you'll see Settings there, after tapping it, you'll see a pretty long list of settings. Scroll down, find "Disable advisory notification" and check it.

Filip

Meff

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2013, 04:37:43 PM »
Thanks a lot for your help. I found it. :) My mistake was to enter the app via my PIN Code and not through the icon (i disabled that so noone see that i got avast installed on my phone).

Just one mor question: Does disabling the app locking also disable the feature of the anti theft which dont allow the guy to start a few apps (like enter settings of my phone etc.) or dont this affect the anti theft at all.

Ah and btw: Sorry for my bad english. Its not my mother language so i appreciate your help and hope you still understand what i mean. ^^

Greetings from Berlin/Germany.

Stefan

Offline Filip Havlicek

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2013, 04:44:08 PM »
Hi,

Mobile Security and Anti-Theft are separate applications and even though they influence each other (for example changing PIN in one will change PIN in the other), features as a whole are not influenced so if you disable App Locking in AMS, features in AAT won't be influenced in any way.

Filip

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2013, 03:29:41 AM »
Hi,

Mobile Security and Anti-Theft are separate applications and even though they influence each other (for example changing PIN in one will change PIN in the other), features as a whole are not influenced so if you disable App Locking in AMS, features in AAT won't be influenced in any way.

Filip
Sorry the off-topic, but as you've mentioned, does the PIN change also affects the anti-reset options (I mean, on flashing a ROM)?
Right now, AT is surviving my ROM flashes, if I change the PIN, will it be changed also after a ROM flashing?
The best things in life are free.

Offline Filip Havlicek

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2013, 10:10:35 AM »
Hi,

if you change it now, then flash a ROM, it should be changed, yes.

Filip

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2013, 01:59:50 PM »
Hi,

if you change it now, then flash a ROM, it should be changed, yes.

Filip
Thanks.
The best things in life are free.