Author Topic: Avast and Imap Mail  (Read 3633 times)

jodef

Avast and Imap Mail
« on: October 01, 2003, 01:31:55 PM »
I use thunderbird as my email client run Win Xp I have set up two Imap accounts and manually edited the avast.ini file I also use multiple POP accounts but these work fine.

In the ini I included name of both Imap servers but email only through one account is being scanned know this because set avast to insert message in email.

Am I doing something wrong is this a limitation? ???

Neil

Re:Avast and Imap Mail
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2003, 11:07:09 PM »
Name only one IMAP server in the ini file, and identify the other one in the Tbird setup.

Example:

DefaultIMAPserver=imap.server1.com

If your username on that server is johndoe, you would set that up in Tbird as

Server Name: 127.0.0.1
User Name:  johndoe

But you also get mail from imap2.server2.com, and your username on that server is puppydog.  The Tbird account would look like this:

Server Name: 127.0.0.1
User Name:  puppydog#imap2.server2.com

Offline vojtech

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
    • ALWIL Software
Re:Avast and Imap Mail
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2003, 04:37:40 PM »
In the ini I included name of both Imap servers but email only through one account is being scanned know this because set avast to insert message in email.

Inserting messages need not be quite reliable in the case of IMAP and some mail programs. See http://www.avast.com/forum/index.php?board=2;action=display;threadid=930;start=msg5558#msg5558

You better watch 'Last scanned' mail in On-Access Scanner dialog or check 'Show detailed info on performed action' in 'Internet Mail' configuration.