Author Topic: a way to wipe system/registry/programs etc???  (Read 2192 times)

kevbeck

a way to wipe system/registry/programs etc???
« on: November 08, 2013, 08:02:12 AM »
Ive tried everything advised to fix avast from not allowing me to browse the internet reliably because my browsers are crashing due to avast (my previous posts about avast auto sandboxing processes and crashing safezone etc..)

I am willing to delete everything and start fresh from scratch on my system. Is there a way to completely restore my registry, files, services to what i first had when i bought this system??  I dont have a system restore time frame to do this.....

Once again, im succumbing to believing that the problem is my system because that's what an avast rep told me when i attempted to get help by phone, even though my pc works flawlessly when avast is not installed.

Again, I am so flabbergasted and shocked with the very poor level of integrity, accountability, real support and care from avast. ive tried every avenue = phone, submitting tickets online, these forums, online searching and have had the same issues for far too long that have been unresolved.

Is there another anti virus vendor that has similar features such as sandboxing and safezone ????

Offline essexboy

• Malware removal instructor
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
Re: a way to wipe system/registry/programs etc???
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2013, 02:52:29 PM »
Hi lets see if we can determine the cause of your problems...  Without the hype or hard sell

First could you say what you have tried so far...  I.e. clean install etc.. 

Are you using Pro, AIS or Premier and what version V8 or 2014

What is the flavour of windows that you are using

What are the errors/problems that you are experiencing

kevbeck

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2013, 07:19:29 PM »
Ais 2014 updated to the latest version. Win 7 64 bit. ..

My issue is that my bowsers uncluding safe zone always crash when I browse and visit different sites. This happens intermittently but very often.  I beleieve the culprit is avast sandbox heres a previous post with more details.

I've done a repair in cp
I've done a clean install using the avast uninstall utility in safe mode
Still the same issue is always duplicated. I've also done this

Avast! settings -> Troubleshooting -> Redirect Settings

2) under WEB pannel in field ‘Ignored addresses:’ add: localhost

would that slove my issues posted here?

here's the guide i received from my ticket -

1) Avast! settings -> Troubleshooting -> Redirect Settings

2) under WEB pannel in field ‘Ignored addresses:’ add: localhost

3) Settings -> Tool -> Firewall -> Customize -> Policies -> System Rules-> Allow Windows file and printer sharing check enabled

4) Settings -> Tool -> Firewall -> Customize -> Policies -> System Rules-> Allow rdc check enabled

5) Settings -> Tool -> Firewall -> Customize -> Policies -> Packet Rules-> Enable windows Networking in and out

After these changes, please make sure that your avast! software is updated to the most recent version - 2014.9.0.2007.

More details about my issues that are causing my browsing to crash I believe -

These services/Files are constantly being auto-sandboxed by avast and it makes it nearly impossible for me to use either safezone, or browsing the internet reliably. A complete clean uninstall/reinstall did not solve these issues. I know i can set these to be excluded but it does not solve the root cause of why avast continues to sandbox these process.   

1. c\windows\system32\audiodg.exe  : I posted this more than a year ago and still no solution. When this is sandboxed automatically, it causes my system not to have sound. I noticed that i can locate the file using the windows search but when i try to find the file using the "feedback / Submit to virus lab" via avast, the file is not there.. I assume this is why avast sandboxes the file since it does not properly detect the location.. ??

2. c:\windows\SysWOW64\macromed\Flash = this is adobe flash player and is required to browse the internet. Whenever using safezone or sandboxed browser i receive a pop-up indicating the plug-in is not responding and my browser always crashes. This happens almost all the time

3. c:\windows\SysWOW64\ctfmon.exe = also auto-sandboxed by avast almost all the time this always causes my browsers (sandboxed/safe zone) to run unreliable or crash

I am literally unable to browse the internet and rely on it to always work properly because of this.

Please help
« Last Edit: November 08, 2013, 07:21:37 PM by kevbeck »

Offline essexboy

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2013, 07:33:14 PM »
Within Internet options > manage addons could you disable the Avast Online security addon

Then try a sandboxed IE and let me know if the error persists.  I have just run this with no errors in a sandboxed IE11  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nN88tHCGmKw

Change the settings to now read

Avast! settings -> Troubleshooting -> Redirect Settings > ignore local communications (select) 

kevbeck

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2013, 01:03:49 AM »
Please understand that the issues i noted above were prevalent on the previous AIS version before 2014 when i did not have the avast security add on and i have only recently allowed it to be enable still after these issues so im sure the add on is not the issue. Quite frankly i dont know WTH the issue is! And yes, just as your screen shot showed. i have currently selected  the "local communication" in redirect settings as unselecting it did not solve the issues i slected them again after the problem was still duplicating because it was the default settings.. Any other suggestions?

Offline essexboy

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2013, 03:07:36 PM »
If you wish to reset windows afresh could you let me know what the computer make is and I will locate the reset instructions for you