Author Topic: Avast shutdown during scan  (Read 10129 times)

grkline

Re: Avast shutdown during scan
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2007, 05:02:02 PM »
Regarding HJT inability to run- acording to SWI forum, we have tried just about everything and they do not seem to be able to help me with the problem. Since my trojan detecting programs (spybot s&d;cws;a-squared;adaware) are telling me I am OK with respect to infections, I am not overly concerned with that.

Regarding SMPT settings for avast setup, I am not sure where to get the addresses from.

regarding Avast shutting down during scan (again this morning), since I was unable to send report, It is too large to post here so I will email the report to vlk@avast.com.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2007, 05:15:28 PM »
Regarding SMPT settings for avast setup, I am not sure where to get the addresses from.
Are your email addresses and servers... they're needed to send files to avast through the SMTP protocol.
The best things in life are free.

LindaOz

Sorry this is in the wrong place, but...
« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2007, 05:39:32 PM »
I've searched the discussion forum for about 30 minutes can can't find any option to post.  Even looked up how to post in Help which didn't explain it.

Outlook express told me I have the "DR-1221 email phishing virus" yet I can't find any fix and it is not even recognized by McAfee or Symantec.  After downloading the free version of Avast antivirus (and I did not sit at the PC watching it download) I came back to find the same screen I saw before I started the download, no message as to whether or not it actually downloaded.  Searched my directories and could find nothing called "Avast", nothing in programs or anything and no error message that it did not download. I want to buy whatever program I can find that actually fixes this problem but am not having any luck whatsoever. 

How do you post an original message?

Did it download?

How do I run it?

Thanks.

Very frustrated on day 5 of trying to resolve this.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2007, 05:46:56 PM »
Outlook express told me I have the "DR-1221 email phishing virus" yet I can't find any fix and it is not even recognized by McAfee or Symantec.  After downloading the free version of Avast antivirus (and I did not sit at the PC watching it download) I came back to find the same screen I saw before I started the download, no message as to whether or not it actually downloaded.  Searched my directories and could find nothing called "Avast", nothing in programs or anything and no error message that it did not download. I want to buy whatever program I can find that actually fixes this problem but am not having any luck whatsoever.
The downloaded file should be setupproeng.exe or something like that.
You must fully, fully, uninstall McAfee and Norton before even trying to install avast or they will conflict.
Maybe the better now will be get clean by on-line scanning:
Kaspersky (very good detection rates)
ESET NOD32
Trendmicro housecall
AVGas (does not necessary if you have AVG antispyware installed)
F-Secure
BitDefender (free removal of the malware)
HitmanPro (new online scanner with multiply scanners)

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2007, 06:33:51 PM »
I've searched the discussion forum for about 30 minutes can can't find any option to post.  Even looked up how to post in Help which didn't explain it.

At the top of each forum, where the list of Topics is displayed, the one where you clicked this topic is a button, New Topic. Clicking that allows you to create a new topic in that forum.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

grkline

« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2007, 07:36:29 PM »
ATTN Tech:

Please be advised that somone has posted a message inside my thread.  I am awaiting a reply regarding the crash report log that I sent to vlk#avast.com

Thanks

grkline

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #21 on: July 18, 2007, 07:39:56 PM »
Please be advised that somone has posted a message inside my thread.  I am awaiting a reply regarding the crash report log that I sent to vlk#avast.com Thanks
So, it should be...
ATTN Vlk.
I'm not able to debug crash reports... You need to wait for Alwil team. I'm just an user. Sorry.