Author Topic: REMOVAL CAPABILITY  (Read 5098 times)

MANKATA

REMOVAL CAPABILITY
« on: October 07, 2013, 10:23:25 PM »
i have requested about this very very important issue to all the great developers & programmers of avast security software team a multiple number of times previously & once again i am forced to request to them to please improve the proper & complete removal & disinfection & cleanup capability of any types & kinds of threats & malwares & advanced complex & stubborn & deeply embedded & blended forms of threats & malwares & rootkits & bootkits for the antivirus engine of avast free antivirus upcoming final stable version 9 because as a current & regular user of the latest beta edition of avast free antivirus 9.0.2004 on windows 8 pro 32 bit platform i really feels that avast free antivirus requires a lot of improvement on one major thing & that is the proper & complete removal & cleanup & disinfection  capability   of any types of threats & malwares & rootkits & bootkits & complex trojans & worms & zero day threats & malwares & any of their traces & remainants & variants completely & properly , i have tested the latest beta edition of avast free antivirus 9 on my windows 8 pro 32 bit operating system platform using the very latest stubborn malware samples of various types & kinds from various resources of malware samples on the internet & i have found that the real old weak point & bug of the antivirus engine of avast free antivirus hasn't been yet resolved & fixed & it really requires huge & significant amount of overall improvement in the final stable version of avast free antivirus 9 because the proper & complete removal & disinfection & cleanup capabilities of an antivirus software is equally important to the detection of threats & malwares

jimmyeao

Re: REMOVAL CAPABILITY
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2013, 10:37:33 PM »
What you are requesting is almost impossible for ANY antivirus vendor, and I would be deeply suspicious of any claims to the contrary.

Pro-active protection is much more effective than trying to remove a zero-day virus that may well have code to hide itself from AV programs.

Anti Virus/Malware shouldn't be a substitute for lazy browsing habits and/or poor user education, security practices etc; it should be used in conjunction with these practices.

Avast receives consistently high scores when tested for it's effectiveness, although no solution can protect you against 100% of malware all of the time.

Removal of malware can be a complex and time consuming task, and it will vary from user to user, depending on hardware and software configurations, the availability of System restore or backup tools, user knowledge, up to date definitions etc.. There are simply too many permutations to cater for.

Avast, and many other AV programs are meant to detect and prevent malware from infecting your system. Once you have an infection, its a whole different scenario..

Offline Para-Noid

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • Trust only what you test yourself!
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2013, 11:42:06 PM »
Another point if you play with malware samples you just might get bit.
Ultimately the it's the user who is responsible for their own actions.

FYI...There is no such thing as one hundred percent detection...period.
Dell Inspiron, Win10x64--HP Envy Win10x64--Both systems Avast Free v17.9.2322, Comodo Firewall v8.2 w/D+, MalwareBytes v3.0, OpenDNS, Super Anti-Spyware, Spyware Blaster, MCShield, Unchecky, Vivaldi Browser and, various browser security tools.

"Look before you leap!" Use online scanners before you click on any link.

MANKATA

« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2013, 07:59:39 AM »
it's not only the case with the malware samples from the internet but also from various common malwares that regularly infects computer via usb device like recycler & shortcut virus & autorun worms & various types of other complex worms & trojans , in this cases also avast is failing in the complete & proper removal & cleanup capabilities of the threats & malwares which is not & never a good sign for any antivirus program , the threats & malwares which avast free antivirus is failing to detect & specially remove are being easily & completely & properly removed by other well known free antivirus softwares like avira , comodo & avg , so it's my fervent request to the all the respected developers & programmers of avast security software to make special amount of improvements in the upcoming final stable version 9 of avast free antivirus specially regarding the proper & complete removal & cleanup & proper disinfection capabilities of any types of threats & malwares & any of there traces & remainants & variants 

jimmyeao

« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2013, 09:50:40 AM »
I give up. No helping some people.
Do you sell your own AV by any chance? What products are better? Which product can detect it all? Thats right, none. If you play with malware, I suggest you use a suite of tools to protect your self. Better still, try buying another 10 computers, DONT connect them to the internet, and install a different AV on each one. Take an image of each one, just incase it gets something nasty..
Anything you want to scan, check it on all 10 computers before you let it near your 'real' computer.

Scratch that, if you are exposing yourself to that much malware on a regular basis, put your computer back in the box, take it back to where you bought it and tell them you really shouldn't be allowed near a computer...

Offline mchain

• Avast Evangelist
  • Ultra Poster
  • Spartan Warrior
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2013, 09:53:26 AM »
it's not only the case with the malware samples from the internet but also from various common malwares that regularly infects computer via usb device like recycler & shortcut virus & autorun worms & various types of other complex worms & trojans , in this cases also avast is failing in the complete & proper removal & cleanup capabilities of the threats & malwares which is not & never a good sign for any antivirus program , the threats & malwares which avast free antivirus is failing to detect & specially remove are being easily & completely & properly removed by other well known free antivirus softwares like avira , comodo & avg , so it's my fervent request to the all the respected developers & programmers of avast security software to make special amount of improvements in the upcoming final stable version 9 of avast free antivirus specially regarding the proper & complete removal & cleanup & proper disinfection capabilities of any types of threats & malwares & any of there traces & remainants & variants
Don't understand what it is you WANT from us.  evangelists and uberevangelists are volunteer helpers only; we have nothing to do with software engineering and design as far as avast! goes.  We do our work for free.

Best a/v's prevent infection in the first place.  Not so good ones don't.  Once an infection happens, it is really a little too late anyway.

In the second place, malware such as worms, trojans, exploits, etc., cannot be repaired due to the fact that the entire file is malware.  There is thus nothing to repair.  As for deletion of such, one just selects delete and that is the end of it.  Problem is, an inexperienced user can delete a file controlled by a trojan that is needed by Windows, and there goes the system down the drain.  The trojan still remains active and in force, but you've just wrecked havoc in trying to fix it.

Very hard to read posts you've written so far.  Improve the writing aspect, and maybe we can understand what you've been saying a little better.
Windows 10 Home 64-bit 22H2 Avast Premier Security version 24.1.6099 (build 24.1.88821.762)  UI version 1.0.797
 UI version 1.0.788.  Windows 11 Home 23H2 - Windows 11 Pro 23H2 Avast Premier Security version 24.2.6105 (build 24.1.8918.827) UI version 1.0.801

MANKATA

« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2013, 08:19:38 PM »
yaa mr. mchain i am clearly saying what i actually want to mean is the fact regarding the improvements required in the proper & complete removal & disinfection & cleanup capability of any types of threats & malwares for the antivirus engine of avast free antivirus in the upcoming final stable version 9 , avast detects a threat on an usb device & deletes it but again that same usb device is scanned using another antivirus engine like avira or avg or comodo at the same time that same threat is again detected & properly removed by avira or avg or comodo , so my question is if avast has properly detected & deleted a particular threat on an usb device then how can that same threat be detected by other antivirus engines at the same point of time , so hope my point is clear to you all that the proper removal & deletion & cleanup capability of any types of threats & malwares has been a real weak point of the avast free antivirus all editions till now from version 4.8 to version 9 beta 3 & hope that the respected & highly knowledgeable  programmers & developers & security experts of avast security software company makes serious amount of very much needed improvements in the upcoming final stable version 9 of avast free antivirus

Offline mchain

• Avast Evangelist
  • Ultra Poster
  • Spartan Warrior
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2013, 11:09:32 PM »
If it's usb devices, then use this for protection:  http://www.mcshield.net/

Key thing here is to prevent and remove infections in usb devices in the first place.

Otherwise, one must spend some time cleaning up the mess.

I don't see anywhere that avast! or any other a/v, for that matter, provides this sort of protection capability.  You do know how to write in paragraphs?  If you do that, what you write will be much easier to read and understand.
Windows 10 Home 64-bit 22H2 Avast Premier Security version 24.1.6099 (build 24.1.88821.762)  UI version 1.0.797
 UI version 1.0.788.  Windows 11 Home 23H2 - Windows 11 Pro 23H2 Avast Premier Security version 24.2.6105 (build 24.1.8918.827) UI version 1.0.801

jimmyeao

« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2013, 12:08:00 PM »
If it's usb devices, then use this for protection:  http://www.mcshield.net/

Key thing here is to prevent and remove infections in usb devices in the first place.

Otherwise, one must spend some time cleaning up the mess.

I don't see anywhere that avast! or any other a/v, for that matter, provides this sort of protection capability.  You do know how to write in paragraphs?  If you do that, what you write will be much easier to read and understand.

This threat is probably a false positive like an autorun file, but without more information I have no idea..
 If other AV programs are detecting it and not removing it, then there is a larger issue. Making broad statements that Avast! needs to be better when you don't actually understand the issue you are facing is not helpful...

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2013, 12:34:01 PM »
There is NO anti-malware application that can detect/remove all malware.
There is malware detected/removed by avast and not by others and visa versa.
Avast (as well as other applications) are constantly updated, hence the frequent vps updates.
It is NOT possible for a single application to detect/remove all malware.

If you have malware that is not detected, simply submit it to avast and they will look at it.
When/if needed they will take action.

MANKATA

« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2013, 10:36:41 AM »
all of you guy's are giving worthless replies to my comments because you aren't understanding what i actually wants to say but hope that the respected developers & security experts & programmers of avast security software definitely understands what i actually want to say , i am talking about the very very needed developments required in the antivirus engine of the free edition of avast free antivirus regarding the proper & complete deletion & cleanup & removal of any types & kinds of threats & malwares & stubborn rootkits & bootkits & keyloggers & complex worms & trojans & spywares in the upcoming final stable version of avast free antivirus 9 because i personally & many of my friends have been regular & very experienced user's of the free edition of avast free antivirus from version 4.8 home edition to the very latest version 9 beta 3 & we have came across this serious problem & case a large number of times where avast has detected a particular variant or variants of threats & malwares but has failed in the proper removal & deletion & cleanup of it & it has had to be removed properly by other free antivirus products like avira or avg or comodo or specific removal tools like mbam or eekit or kvrt etc.  & it can be also seen from the results of various antivirus testing websites that the removal capability of avast free antivirus is very much inferior compare to other free products i am talking about only the removal capability & not the detection rates , so  my final conclusion is that the respected & highly knowledgeable programmers & security developers of avast security software company really needs to make a huge amount of improvement specially in the proper removal & deletion & cleanup capabilities & power of the antivirus engine of the free edition of avast free antivirus in the upcoming final stable release of the free edition of avast free antivirus 9 because it is perhaps the most necessary improvement required in reality in the avast 9 free edition & avast 9 series of products & it's also a request to all of you guy's who please don't understand what i want to say you please don't give stupid & absurd replies to my comments because all of my comments are based on reality & true facts & all of my comments are focused & dedicated for fixing & completely resolving a very important issue related with the free edition of avast free antivirus & it is dedicated to the respected & highly knowledgeable & expert security software developers & programmers of avast security software who are actually going to fix this very important issue

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2013, 10:48:23 AM »
all of you guy's are giving worthless replies to my comments because you aren't understanding what i actually wants to say but hope that the respected developers & security experts & programmers of avast security software definitely understands what i actually want to say , i am talking about the very very needed developments required in the antivirus engine of the free edition of avast free antivirus regarding the proper & complete deletion & cleanup & removal of any types & kinds of threats & malwares & stubborn rootkits & bootkits & keyloggers & complex worms & trojans & spywares in the upcoming final stable version of avast free
yes you have repeated this in evry post    ::)
and your post would me much easier to understand if you dont write it like one looooong sentence

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2013, 10:49:40 AM »
and your post would me much easier to understand if you dont write it like one looooong sentence

+1
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline mchain

• Avast Evangelist
  • Ultra Poster
  • Spartan Warrior
« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2013, 10:55:51 AM »

+1
+++1 

Not that we, as volunteer help, can do anything about the removal deficiencies avast! is purported to have here.  We don't own it, we don't create/maintain it, nor do we market/sell it.

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2013, 11:06:58 AM »
We do know what you are trying to say, but we can't help it that it is you who don't understand how things are working.