Author Topic: Windows 7 boot fails on aswrvt.sys  (Read 8410 times)

tihitibo

Re: Windows 7 boot fails on aswrvt.sys
« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2013, 09:38:57 AM »
Hi REdWolf,

Thanks for the advices. Indeed, the laptop is used for IT developpement, and may need  Java.
I'm not able to work on it until next Monday, but I'll try the Rufus track (I have another laptop nearly the same than the one that crashes, so I hope I could create a repair from it).
We're using firefox and "addblock". I suspect the user of the laptop to do not have reboot for a long time... and therefore, some of the security updates (windows, avast) have probably not been set at time.

I update the thread on Monday, to tell if the Rufus method has worked. Otherwise.... I'll copy the critical data using the DOS to an usb (10 minutes of work  ;)) and reformat the laptop.
Thanks again,
tihitibo

tihitibo

« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2013, 10:52:45 AM »
Hi all,

bad news about th "Win 7 RE" iso  :
DUE TO COPYRIGHT INFRINGREMENT NOTICE ALL LINKS TO SPECIFIC RE ENVIROMENTS  HAVE BEEN REMOVED EVEN KNOW THEY WHERE JUST REDIRECTS TO THE SOFTWARE MANUFACTURERS OWN DOWNLOAD

I search a link, but it seems I'll hardly find it.

Regards
tihitibo

tihitibo

« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2013, 02:44:26 PM »
Hi,

got it !
Not easy, I give my steps, not sure they were all necessary :
1. Create a disk recovery from another machine using the same windows version
2. Boot on with the infected laptop, and repair
3. When rebooting again, it failed another time. So, I access to the dos prompt and run Diskpart (don't ask me why I had this idea...)
4. The Windows volume, normally on C, was shift on D, and the partition was not "active" anymore. I reassign the letter and reactivate the partition as active.
5. Then reboot and it worked !  I've quicky ran adwcleaner that does some housekeeping, and everything seems now ok.

Thanks for your big help,
tihitibo

tihitibo

« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2013, 02:48:19 PM »
Hi again,

last help required : I don't know how to close the thread... can you help me a last time ?
Thks,
tihitibo