Author Topic: Why was Avast incompatible with Outlook Express?  (Read 13144 times)

Angelazz

Re: Why was Avast incompatible with Outlook Express?
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2005, 12:19:43 AM »
Easy there, tiger. Lets not scare away customers.  ;D

Angelazz, did you install AVG recently? It might be interfering with avast.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello xistenz!

No. . . happened the opposite exactly! I installed AVG there is plenty of time, and only recently is that installed Avast.
I found curious the fact that this problem happened EXACTLY after the automatic updating of the system of Avast ! ! ! I am sure that this problem (more I cannot discharge the e-mails in OE without before to disable Avast) has some relationship with this updating.

In previous message, Tech gave me the hunch:  "If you're an advanced user you can configure both email resident scanner." But he didn't speak anything else. . . and I already got tired from searching the commands of Avast to try to do this configuration that allows the greeting of e-mails for OE without having to disable Avast.

I will only buy Avast, if I get to solve this problem, because  doesn't make sense to pay for a product that doesn't work appropriately!

Respectfully,

Angela Maria Mazzucco

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2005, 12:57:26 AM »
If you still have AVG and avast installed there could be conflicts and we won't know if this is a conflict problem. AVG also has a mail scanner and possibly the two could be in conflict.

I suggest that you uninstall AVG before trying anything further.

Tech may have been asking (in a way) if you are an advanced user, before offering further advice.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline szc

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2005, 06:07:17 AM »
I will only buy Avast, if I get to solve this problem, because  doesn't make sense to pay for a product that doesn't work appropriately!

this product works perfectly, not just as you said "appropriately"... your problem is that you are using two antiviruses on the same computer, and that's what we all are trying to explain to you... avast! was not built to work "appropriately" with another antivirus resident in the system.

avast! same as other antiviruses, works on a low driver level, and even if it's fully disabled, it's components are always "alive" somewhere inside. Same story with some other antivirus tool...
And this is the exact reason why those programs won't work properly with each other.

avast! however does it's job perfectly if you use it and configure it correctly and properly.

Also, avast! doesn't have a problem with Outlook Express at all. They just adore each other  ;D Many of us are using OE perfectly in tune with avast! and none of us is having problems you mentioned.

If you wanna try avast! before you buy it, you will need to completely uninstall AVG... from the scratch... just then you can be sure that nothing is on avast!'s way... then, you can really try how everything works
MB: GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UD3H Intel 7 Series  - LGA1155, CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K - Quad Core, 3.40GHz (3.80GHz Max Turbo), CPU COOLER: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO Direct Heat Pipe R2, RAM: 16 GB Kingston HyperX Blu DDR3, VIDEO CARD: Galaxy GeForce GTX 560 Ti - 1GB, GDDR5, POWER SUPPLY: Corsair Enthusiast Series TX750 V2 - 750 Watts, HD: Seagate Barracuda - 2TB, 7200RPM, 64MB, SATA 6Gb/s

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2005, 02:50:00 AM »
Se compreender, então por favor, me explique porque eu sempre usei os 2 antivírus (AVG e Avast) e SOMENTE AGORA, ocorreu este problema ?!?! Se é questão de configurar o Avast, então por favor, me dê uma dica de como fazer isto, porque eu já vasculhei tudo no Avast e não encontro como fazer isto ... Muito obrigada, Angela Maria Mazzucco

Because the last version of AVG email scanner is on conflict with avast Internet Mail provider.
Better, it could be because AVG could lauch the driver before avast and then the conflict.
This just happens in this week AVG update.

Translation:
Porque a última versão do escâner de email do AVG entra em conflito com o provedor de emails do avast.
Melhor dizendo, isto pode ocorrer porque o AVG pode iniciar o driver (de escaneamento) antes do avast, surgindo o conflito.
Isto só ocorreu na última versão do AVG (desta semana).
The best things in life are free.