Author Topic: Avast Internet Security license - real or fake?  (Read 3607 times)

chrisna

Avast Internet Security license - real or fake?
« on: October 11, 2013, 09:29:59 PM »
Hello,

A few days ago a popup message appeard telling me the avast protection was ending shortly.
It is only today that my son verifyed that there is still protection for 6 months.

Following this popup message, I purshased the Avast Internet Security for 28 euros, but it is a version for windows.
I thrusted the program would be smart enough to send me to the right link as for a program for mac, which is where it is installed!

I am just wondering if it is a real license or if I was mistaken.
There is a license file on the mail I then received, I wonder if it is safe to install it.

Thank you.

Chrisna.

Offline krahulik

• Avast team
Re: Avast Internet Security license - real or fake?
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2013, 11:52:05 AM »
Hello,
  the Windows license you have purchased will not work on Mac OS. Please contact our customer support https://support.avast.com/Tickets/Submit that will gladly help you find a solution (refund, Mac business license, or something else you will agree with them).

We have two products for Mac OS:
- avast! Free Antivirus for Mac: The end-user solution available free of charge, the only thing that it is required is a user registration in 30 days from an installation. In one year from the registration you will be asked to register again for the next year.
- avast! Professional Antivirus for Mac: The same solution but with a business license. This product is currently sold only by our resellers, it cannot be obtained from our web site.

If you don't register a free product for one weak after the trial-period expiration, you will be autoregistered for some limited time not to be left unprotected. Nevertheless, if you followed the popup message on the Mac computer, you should never get to the point, where you would purchase a Windows license. Could you please explain to the support exactly the steps you were taking?

Best Regards,
Martin
« Last Edit: October 14, 2013, 11:55:39 AM by krahulik »

chrisna

Re: Avast Internet Security license - real or fake?
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2013, 10:54:10 PM »
Thank you, we have now contacted the customer support.

Regards,

Chrisna.