Author Topic: incorrect sender number and late sim change notification  (Read 2060 times)

REDACTED

incorrect sender number and late sim change notification
« on: October 16, 2013, 08:03:04 PM »
Hello,
I moved to a different  country where I originally registered my mobile on avast anti theft. I changed the sim card there. I got an sms of sim change notification after a week of sim change. Moreover,  the sms said the current phone number of the phone is the sender number of this SMS which is also incorrect number.

Tobias56

Re: incorrect sender number and late sim change notification
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2013, 02:05:14 PM »
Please explain how this number can be incorrect ? When the sms is sent, it uses the sim inserted at the moment in the phone, and thus the telephone number associated with this sim. The phone number shown is handled by the carrier network, not theft aware.

However this doesn't mean that the sim which was used to send the sms is still present in the phone. For instance a stealer can remove the original sim card, place a new one to check if the phone is working ->trigger the sim notification, then remove the sim card. When you receive the sms you'll have the number of the sim card used by the stealer but it will be useless because the sim was removed from the phone.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2013, 02:08:31 PM by Tobias56 »