File too big + could be offensive.
0 (0%)
Nice skin, but not for me.
0 (0%)
Nice skin, I would download it anytime.
5 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: June 19, 2005, 02:45:23 AM

Author Topic: My first skin - Your opinion  (Read 13546 times)

inconnu

Re: My first skin - Your opinion
« Reply #30 on: May 22, 2005, 10:41:19 AM »
It's been 15 or 20 years since I saw it last, I guess, but I recall enjoying it.  Something of a major sf film in its day -- around 1968 -- if memory serves.  I wouldn't mind seeing it again, uncut and uninterrupted by commercials.

Newton

Re: My first skin - Your opinion
« Reply #31 on: May 22, 2005, 06:33:05 PM »
Regarding the movie, the cinema industry rated 2001 the highest rank possible or "chef d'oeuvre". Very few films (not only in sci-fi, but of any genre) get this rate in cinema.

So for people too used to usual unnecessarily flashy hi-speed animation sci-fi movies, it can appear boring. 2001 is actually the only movie that describes emptyness of space the right way : there's no sound in space. So how can we hear explosions in those myriads of "space scenes" in other sci-fi movies? Because nowadays movies without violence, lightening fast animation or big explosions sounds all way through don't bring the millions.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Inconnu, once again, you seem to have understood my goal very clearly. I also have the book and the movie here, and you understand why I opted for such an extreme dark black. I want to thank you to remind me of this. I'll let this thread go on for a while and continue to experiment with the constructive comments. At the same time though, I am beginning to think, with your remark here, that I could also accept the initial concept as it is. ;)

On my PC, the monoliths look like they are creating a "hole" on my screen, especially the upper one, because it has no buttons or visible sides. ;D

Thanks a lot again.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2005, 04:35:09 AM by Newton »