Author Topic: AVAST 2014 (9.0.2006)  (Read 380429 times)

Offline Para-Noid

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • Trust only what you test yourself!
Re: AVAST 2014 (9.0.2006)
« Reply #285 on: October 18, 2013, 11:03:05 PM »
Sandbox is an right click and run sandboxed for applications.

DeepScreen is automatically analysing applications on execution, like the AutoSandbox in version 8.

Deepscreen uses Dyna-Gen cloud based technology, making deepscreen much stronger and easier to use.

IMHO...Goodbye autosandbox and "hello" deepscreen.  8)
Dell Inspiron, Win10x64--HP Envy Win10x64--Both systems Avast Free v17.9.2322, Comodo Firewall v8.2 w/D+, MalwareBytes v3.0, OpenDNS, Super Anti-Spyware, Spyware Blaster, MCShield, Unchecky, Vivaldi Browser and, various browser security tools.

"Look before you leap!" Use online scanners before you click on any link.

mrpiggles

« Reply #286 on: October 18, 2013, 11:05:09 PM »
When I had Avast 2014 installed during the W8.1 upgrade process, it glitched some of my apps: http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=137189.0

Offline redwolfe_98

« Reply #287 on: October 18, 2013, 11:38:41 PM »
https://secure.eicar.org/eicar.com - Download and run... File monitor is working bad
i used the "eicar" test-files to test the avast 9 program, just now, and both the "webshield" and the "fileshield" seemed to work fine, on my computer..

reisender67

« Reply #288 on: October 18, 2013, 11:42:12 PM »
Is anyone getting a second safezone browser icon keep appearing on the desktop everytime the PC restarts or is it just me ?

+1

Greetings
Christian

Necron

« Reply #289 on: October 19, 2013, 03:23:15 AM »
Looks nice but you should show the antivirus program services again, like mail protection, web, etc...
Because you just made it look like avira, comodo and avg. You might not lose members but new people won't see why they should chose avast. You should show off with the program a little bit.  ???

Offline SpeedyPC

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • Avast shall conquer the whole world
« Reply #290 on: October 19, 2013, 05:46:43 AM »
Deepscreen uses Dyna-Gen cloud based technology, making deepscreen much stronger and easier to use.

IMHO...Goodbye autosandbox and "hello" deepscreen.  8)

+1 As deepscreen is becoming a new defense weapon for Dyna-Gen cloud based technology, making deepscreen much stronger and easier to use.  ;)
Gigabyte 670 LGA1200 Full ATX MB | Intel Core i9-13900 CPU/LGA 1700 | GeForce Nvidia RTX-4070/12GB | 32GB DDR4 | 2 x 1TB Samsung SSD | W11 Home 64bit | Avast Premium v24.3.6108 | Avast SecureLine VPN | Avast Secure Browser | Avast Driver Updater | Avast BreachGuard | Firefox 64bit | MalwareBytes Premium | Adguard Premium | CCleaner Portable | Macrium Reflect | 7-Zip

Ragamuffin

« Reply #291 on: October 19, 2013, 06:41:01 AM »
Looks nice but you should show the antivirus program services again, like mail protection, web, etc...
Because you just made it look like avira, comodo and avg. You might not lose members but new people won't see why they should chose avast. You should show off with the program a little bit.  ???

This. I much prefer being able to see the activity on the shields when I open Avast rather than opening another window with the new Statistics bit. Also the look of the old shields, the way you could look at the old shields and see, for example, 443000/0 to know there hadn't been any problems.

Other annoyances are just cosmetic really, not being able to resize the main window, and scans no longer keep track of how long they've been running or how many files and folders they scanned.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2013, 07:13:13 AM by Ragamuffin »

bstrange

« Reply #292 on: October 19, 2013, 08:10:35 AM »
Maybe I am just blind, but I used to be able to white-list (exclude) specific .exe files in the behavior shield, such as self rolled UltraVNC Single Click deployments that periodically get flagged by Avast and my users have to be coached over the phone how to allow them to run which is messy. I realize that Behavior Shield was rolled into file system shield in A2014, but it appears only paths can be excluded and not specific .exe files.

Yes, I realize I can create a folder on the client's desktops and globally exclude it's path, but then I have to direct them to open that folder to find my VNC icon and as simple as that sounds, that will be a problem for some people. Currently "Please double click the large lime green icon in the upper right hand corner of your desktop usually works", and I really don't want to get into adding "Yes, a folder... it looks like every other folder, kindof beighish... nope, that's the shortcut to your pictures... I labeled it in all caps. Do you see one with all caps? ... "  You see where I am going here ? ;)

It could also cause a problem with excluding specific virus removal tools that have no path rkill, combofix, roguekiller, tdsskiller, specialty tools of that nature; if in fact the ability to exclude specific .exes' is gone in 2014.

Say it ain't so Joe!  :'(

Mike-avast

« Reply #293 on: October 19, 2013, 08:43:01 AM »
Avast free, ignores some exclusions, I have made a global exclusion on a folder witch contains logs and such. Avast ignores this and scans the logs anyway!

Mike-avast

« Reply #294 on: October 19, 2013, 10:32:55 AM »
Maybe I am just blind, but I used to be able to white-list (exclude) specific .exe files in the behavior shield, such as self rolled UltraVNC Single Click deployments that periodically get flagged by Avast and my users have to be coached over the phone how to allow them to run which is messy. I realize that Behavior Shield was rolled into file system shield in A2014, but it appears only paths can be excluded and not specific .exe files.

Yes, I realize I can create a folder on the client's desktops and globally exclude it's path, but then I have to direct them to open that folder to find my VNC icon and as simple as that sounds, that will be a problem for some people. Currently "Please double click the large lime green icon in the upper right hand corner of your desktop usually works", and I really don't want to get into adding "Yes, a folder... it looks like every other folder, kindof beighish... nope, that's the shortcut to your pictures... I labeled it in all caps. Do you see one with all caps? ... "  You see where I am going here ? ;)

It could also cause a problem with excluding specific virus removal tools that have no path rkill, combofix, roguekiller, tdsskiller, specialty tools of that nature; if in fact the ability to exclude specific .exes' is gone in 2014.

Say it ain't so Joe!  :'(

if in fact the ability to exclude specific .exes' is gone in 2014.

You can exclude .exe under DeepScreen witch replaces the old function. Don't ask me if this even works as I've stated earlier today, Avast ignores some exclusions...

boe323

« Reply #295 on: October 19, 2013, 12:31:24 PM »
Doing my routine clean and checking for virus/malware this morning, I find that windows defender as been re'enabled, avast usually turns this off and theres no way it can be turned back on unless you turn off avast, so, my theory is that avast 2014 premier is still not fit for release, firewall as been disabled properly, thers a message saying its being managed by avast, I don't get why at first install, windo3ws defender was disabled as it should be, now after starting my pc this morning, its enabled again, so many problems with this new release, tracing doesn't even work, hardended mode results in avast freezing up when you try to add an exclusion.

Offline RejZoR

• Polymorphic Sheep
  • Serious Graphoman
  • We are supersheep, resistance is futile!
    • RejZoR's Flock of Sheep
« Reply #296 on: October 19, 2013, 01:09:52 PM »
avast! doesn't disable Windows Defender on Win7 as far as i know. That only happens on Win8...
Visit my webpage Angry Sheep Blog

Rohugh

« Reply #297 on: October 19, 2013, 01:48:52 PM »
avast! doesn't disable Windows Defender on Win7 as far as i know. That only happens on Win8...

Yes correct,  Win Defender is an anti malware on 7 but anti virus on 8.

Arnold72

« Reply #298 on: October 19, 2013, 02:00:17 PM »

Yes correct,  Win Defender is an anti malware on 7 but anti virus on 8.

does an anti-virus not constitute as being an anti-malware?

They are all malicious so i seen no difference in this terminology.

Mike-avast

« Reply #299 on: October 19, 2013, 02:08:46 PM »
Doing my routine clean and checking for virus/malware this morning, I find that windows defender as been re'enabled, avast usually turns this off and theres no way it can be turned back on unless you turn off avast, so, my theory is that avast 2014 premier is still not fit for release, firewall as been disabled properly, thers a message saying its being managed by avast, I don't get why at first install, windo3ws defender was disabled as it should be, now after starting my pc this morning, its enabled again, so many problems with this new release, tracing doesn't even work, hardended mode results in avast freezing up when you try to add an exclusion.

Yes, I had the same problem with WD, did u do a upgrade from win 8 to win 8.1? if so it can be it. Avast can ask Windows to disable WD sure, but Windows doesn't always listen :p However you should be able to disable it yourself witch seems impossible for some, even due it is disable from within WD. So to fix this you can turn of WD using group polices, http://www.ehow.com/how_6834770_disable-windows-defender-group-policy.html
« Last Edit: October 19, 2013, 02:11:33 PM by Mike-avast »