Author Topic: DeepScreen in Released Version  (Read 4542 times)

naren17

DeepScreen in Released Version
« on: October 15, 2013, 05:24:26 PM »
Is it working or working fully now in released version?

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: DeepScreen in Released Version
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2013, 05:29:34 PM »
Presumably it is working in the released version or it wouldn't have been released as this is a major feature.

Have you not read the information in the 2014 release topic, http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=136785.0 ?
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

naren17

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2013, 05:40:55 PM »
I read the release info, but DeepScreen never worked i.e detected any malware in beta/rc.............

And during rc3, in wilders forum Vlk mentioned,

"Regarding DeepScreen: yes, it's still not quite working as expected. The idea behind it is sound, but there's some technical issues that prevent it from being too useful atm.

BTW just to tone the expectations little bit: this is a long-standing project for us - and one that is sort of independent of the product itself and its release cycle (DeepScreen is contained in the defs). Which may mean that you may see A2014 go live with or without a quality DeepScreen, really depending on how everything goes. That is, DeepScreen by itself would likely not drag the release of A2014 because we can update it at any time (and the other stuff in A2014 is still superior to what we have in v8 ).

I hope to see some bigger progress later this week."

true indian

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2013, 05:51:55 PM »
Even on the home page of avast they say that dyna-gen is there in v14.So lets hope!  :)

Offline RejZoR

• Polymorphic Sheep
  • Serious Graphoman
  • We are supersheep, resistance is futile!
    • RejZoR's Flock of Sheep
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2013, 06:22:05 PM »
I sure hope it is effectively functional and not just a checkbox with very little effect...
Visit my webpage Angry Sheep Blog

Offline Secondmineboy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2013, 06:35:59 PM »
@True Indian i had some FileRep-Metagen Warnings inside a VM. Maybe this is caused by Dyna-Gen.
Windows 10 1909, 4 GB DDR3 RAM, 500 GB 5400 RPM HDD, 1366 by 768 LCD Screen, Intel Core i3 5010U Dual Core, Intel HD Graphics 5500
HUAWEI P30 Pro. Android 10

true indian

« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2013, 06:37:02 PM »
@True Indian i had some FileRep-Metagen Warnings inside a VM. Maybe this is caused by Dyna-Gen.

No that is cloud based.Dyna-gen is for the deepscreen analysis,it works like evo-gen but its behaviour based signature releases.

Offline dbrisendine

• Malware Fighter
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2013, 09:39:07 AM »
Since we are on the question of DeepScreen, once it scans a file and finds the file safe, it adds the file to Exclusions (under DeepScreen) so it is not scanned again by DeepScreen.  The description says that "paths and URLs are excluded from scanning and ALL SHIELD PROTECTION."  Does this mean just file paths and URLs (the first two tabs [see below]) are now no longer under Avast's watchful eyes or ALL exclusions (all four tabs)?

Win7 x32 Ult. SP1, Brain 2.0 / Win10 x64, Brain2.5
My help is always free but if you would like to help encourage me or show your thanks -----> DONATE

GTX66

« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2013, 05:36:36 PM »
If I enable DeepScreen, I cannot right click on my computer or trash bin. The busy indicator comes on and I have to shut down windows . This is in AIS. I have it turned off now and all is OK. But when I turn it back on , I get the same results.

Offline Para-Noid

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • Trust only what you test yourself!
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2013, 05:44:13 PM »
@naren17  How do you know deepscreen is "not" working?
                  It works in the background dealing with new/unknown files.
                  Virus and malware detection is done via the mail, web or file shield.  :)
Dell Inspiron, Win10x64--HP Envy Win10x64--Both systems Avast Free v17.9.2322, Comodo Firewall v8.2 w/D+, MalwareBytes v3.0, OpenDNS, Super Anti-Spyware, Spyware Blaster, MCShield, Unchecky, Vivaldi Browser and, various browser security tools.

"Look before you leap!" Use online scanners before you click on any link.

naren17

« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2013, 07:33:34 PM »
@naren17  How do you know deepscreen is "not" working?
                  It works in the background dealing with new/unknown files.
                  Virus and malware detection is done via the mail, web or file shield.  :)

You can read few posts on this page.......

http://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?p=2292982#post2292982