Author Topic: Browser cannot access Internet  (Read 2829 times)

mkrapes

Browser cannot access Internet
« on: December 05, 2013, 02:28:58 PM »
After recent update, no browser can access the internet without first disabling shields. The Network and Sharing Center thinks I am connected and through the CMD prompt I can ping successfully. After disabling shields, I can access the internet even after reactivating the shields. This happens every time the computer is booted. If it's just the Avast firewall, I'm happy enough to let Windows firewall do its thing (if I can only figure out how to disable just the firewall).

propheticus

Re: Browser cannot access Internet
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2013, 05:44:40 PM »
Try to either:

- Repair/re-install installation of Avast via control panel-> programs -> programs and features -> Avast -> uninstall/change -> repair
- Modify installation via control panel-> programs -> programs and features -> Avast -> uninstall/change -> change -> untick firewall in tools column -> apply
« Last Edit: December 05, 2013, 08:00:24 PM by propheticus »

Offline Para-Noid

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • Trust only what you test yourself!
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2013, 06:36:40 PM »
Try the repair and don't forget to reboot.  :)
Dell Inspiron, Win10x64--HP Envy Win10x64--Both systems Avast Free v17.9.2322, Comodo Firewall v8.2 w/D+, MalwareBytes v3.0, OpenDNS, Super Anti-Spyware, Spyware Blaster, MCShield, Unchecky, Vivaldi Browser and, various browser security tools.

"Look before you leap!" Use online scanners before you click on any link.

mkrapes

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2013, 12:31:32 AM »
Thanks. Will try and let you know.
 ;DThe repair option appears to have solved the problem. Thanks.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2013, 11:17:09 AM by mkrapes »

kien_vip

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2013, 04:36:53 AM »
i get same problem with avast internet security 9.0.2008.  i cant access internet with firewall on, so i must disable it permanently. i also try repair but not resolve problem, i need firewall to block some app and address. please help me!

propheticus

« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2013, 11:58:31 AM »
You can also use the Windows Firewall or Comodo Personal firewall (free) for that.