Author Topic: Reverting Back to 8.0.1497  (Read 26394 times)

psikofunkster

Re: Reverting Back to 8.0.1497
« Reply #45 on: October 29, 2013, 12:07:19 AM »
I got a new slogan for Avast.

Avast - Doesn't care about already paying customers.

What makes you say that?

I think he's saying it because there are a lot of ticked off people on the forum that do not like windows 8 and do not like the fact that avast chose to use a fisher price block tile interface like windows 8.  He's saying it because there are a lot of people on here whose computers were working fine 2 weeks ago and now they are plagued with problems.  He's saying it because there are a lot of bugs and for the most part avast is saying it's a problem on your computer and not their upgrade and they are routing people to pay 179 for service.  He's saying it because for the most part avast has not really addressed anyone's concerns saying that they at the very least hear us and are working on the problems and concerns.

but that's just my guess...

This ^

Offline Alikhan

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #46 on: October 29, 2013, 12:07:58 AM »

What makes you say that?

I think he's saying it because there are a lot of ticked off people on the forum that do not like windows 8 and do not like the fact that avast chose to use a fisher price block tile interface like windows 8.  He's saying it because there are a lot of people on here whose computers were working fine 2 weeks ago and now they are plagued with problems.  He's saying it because there are a lot of bugs and for the most part avast is saying it's a problem on your computer and not their upgrade and they are routing people to pay 179 for service.  He's saying it because for the most part avast has not really addressed anyone's concerns saying that they at the very least hear us and are working on the problems and concerns.

1. It's about the protection... NOT the interface..
2. To be honest, v9 has been released better than v8. Every new release will have bugs and they'll be resolved solved enough in future program updates.
3. Avast is not behind the £179 service.. in fact Avast has nothing to do with it. It's just there for technical support. You're better off asking for help at the forums in my opinion.
Windows 10 Home 64-bit • Avast Free (latest stable version) •  Malwarebytes 4 Premium (On-Demand) • Windows Firewall Control • Google Chrome • LastPass • CCleaner • O&O ShutUp10 •

dprout69

« Reply #47 on: October 29, 2013, 12:17:42 AM »

What makes you say that?

2. To be honest, v9 has been released better than v8. Every new release will have bugs and they'll be resolved solved enough in future program updates.
3. Avast is not behind the £179 service.. in fact Avast has nothing to do with it. It's just there for technical support. You're better off asking for help at the forums in my opinion.

1.  It's gotta be somewhat about the interface because A LOT of people on here have complained... so it isn't irrelevant.
2.  I had zero problems when I switched from 7 to 8... zero.  I have found more bugs on 9 then I care to admit.
3.  I haven't had any experience with the 179, only what I've read on here, however if you call avast and look for tech support, avast cannot completely absolve any/all responsibility when they are putting their name on the product/service/forum/guy in china answering the phone. 

Offline Alikhan

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #48 on: October 29, 2013, 12:26:29 AM »

What makes you say that?

1.  It's gotta be somewhat about the interface because A LOT of people on here have complained... so it isn't irrelevant.
2.  I had zero problems when I switched from 7 to 8... zero.  I have found more bugs on 9 then I care to admit.
3.  I haven't had any experience with the 179, only what I've read on here, however if you call avast and look for tech support, avast cannot completely absolve any/all responsibility when they are putting their name on the product/service/forum/guy in china answering the phone.

1. What has the interface got to do with the Protection? It's not as if you are going to be staring at it whenever you're on the PC. An AV is supposed to be left to do it's job in the background with silent protection.
2. It's impossible for some people not to have issues and some to have them. There are so many system conbinations/software combinations which could result in driver crashes etc. As many people who had issues, the majority of the user base hasn't. Don't forget this is a Help and Support forum and people don't usually come here to give praise but only tell their problems.
3. Well, you have a point there. There is someone you can contact in the Avast team to complain about the service. Unfortunately, I don't have that email.
Windows 10 Home 64-bit • Avast Free (latest stable version) •  Malwarebytes 4 Premium (On-Demand) • Windows Firewall Control • Google Chrome • LastPass • CCleaner • O&O ShutUp10 •

Arnold72

« Reply #49 on: October 29, 2013, 12:28:54 AM »
What on gods earth is all this fuss about the interface for.?

What do avast users do...stare at the interface all day.?
It is not a beauty contest for security products its about protection pure and simple.

You install avast and make your settings and then carry on with your computing routine rather than groaning about an interface which is probably only visible for a few minutes.

This issue is preposterous.

Cheers.

Offline mchain

• Avast Evangelist
  • Ultra Poster
  • Spartan Warrior
« Reply #50 on: October 29, 2013, 12:31:55 AM »
Seems every time avast! releases a major upgrade to a newer version 4.8 to now, 9.0, some avast! users have issues with that newest version.

No, this is not an attempt to blame the users; this is clearly not the case.  It is just that major upgrades are not the same thing as doing an updated version within the gui, and while some have taken care to do a clean install knowing this is a major upgrade, they are still having issues anyway.  So, for users that are affected, and have done what they could, know that Avast! has a multitude of service tickets pending and user system configurations to look at and resolve.

Avast! is aware of these issues, and are doing everything they can to fix them.  A possible release of these fixes could happen as soon as this Friday, if all testing works out.

Workarounds are being posted here as we find and discover them; this will ensure protection with the latest version continues until a permanent fix(es) are found and released.

Windows 10 Home 64-bit 22H2 Avast Premier Security version 24.1.6099 (build 24.1.88821.762)  UI version 1.0.797
 UI version 1.0.788.  Windows 11 Home 23H2 - Windows 11 Pro 23H2 Avast Premier Security version 24.2.6105 (build 24.1.8918.827) UI version 1.0.801

Offline mchain

• Avast Evangelist
  • Ultra Poster
  • Spartan Warrior
« Reply #51 on: October 29, 2013, 12:33:08 AM »

It is not a beauty contest for security products its about protection pure and simple.

You install avast and make your settings and then carry on with your computing routine rather than groaning about an interface which is probably only visible for a few minutes.

Cheers.
That is a snarky and unhelpful comment.  You should be ashamed.  Don't post if you cannot help.   :o
Windows 10 Home 64-bit 22H2 Avast Premier Security version 24.1.6099 (build 24.1.88821.762)  UI version 1.0.797
 UI version 1.0.788.  Windows 11 Home 23H2 - Windows 11 Pro 23H2 Avast Premier Security version 24.2.6105 (build 24.1.8918.827) UI version 1.0.801

dprout69

« Reply #52 on: October 29, 2013, 12:43:39 AM »

What makes you say that?

1. What has the interface got to do with the Protection? It's not as if you are going to be staring at it whenever you're on the PC. An AV is supposed to be left to do it's job in the background with silent protection.
2. It's impossible for some people not to have issues and some to have them. There are so many system conbinations/software combinations which could result in driver crashes etc. As many people who had issues, the majority of the user base hasn't. Don't forget this is a Help and Support forum and people don't usually come here to give praise but only tell their problems.
3. Well, you have a point there. There is someone you can contact in the Avast team to complain about the service. Unfortunately, I don't have that email.

1.  That's like selling someone a station wagon when they came in for a ferrari... eh... whaddya care how it looks it's got a motor and four wheels... lol.  Like I said it's obviously important to people otherwise there wouldn't be so many speaking out against it.  Also, as I said in an earlier post... should they put out a product that people love... or are they putting out a product that eh... they'll get used to it.  It's also hard to recommend a product to someone when you know the first thing there gonna say is... I don't like it.  Then you have to try to convince them that it's about the protection not the interface and oh ok but how do I clear my scan history... oh no that's not on the scan tab... it's simpler than that, go into an area that has nothing to do with scans (general settings) and scroll forever all the way to the bottom and...

It's just not well put together... layout, wasted real estate, big giant X... looks cheesy and honestly... IMO... makes me question if the protection is actually there or have they taken too many shortcuts.

2. & 3.  Oh I know... to be honest, short of a dozen small glitches, my upgrade was relatively problem free... I still don't like it, but I'll wait to see what avast is going to do before I jump ship.  Most of this isn't going to make me look for another AV, but I can't speak for the tons of other people on here because some of them are really going thru some frustrations.

I think it would be helpful if avast would put up a locked sticky and list the bugs they are aware of and the concerns they are going to address (if any) etc.

Arnold72

« Reply #53 on: October 29, 2013, 12:47:43 AM »

Cheers.
That is a snarky and unhelpful comment.  You should be ashamed.  Don't post if you cannot help.   :o

I shall never be ashamed of speaking the truth.
The truth in todays world is a demon that dare not show his face.

That is all.
cheers.

Offline mchain

• Avast Evangelist
  • Ultra Poster
  • Spartan Warrior
« Reply #54 on: October 29, 2013, 12:57:46 AM »

Cheers.

I shall never be ashamed of speaking the truth.
The truth in todays world is a demon that dare not show his face.

That is all.
cheers.
Your version of truth is like using a sledgehammer to crack a nut.  Very insensitive, is what it is.

clayusmcret

« Reply #55 on: October 29, 2013, 01:47:08 AM »
I always keep mine on Ask for the program.  When I rolled back, it didn't ask.  It just updated.  Again.  Keep talking down to us.  I've convinced over 30 people to go with avast.  I'll work my ass off getting them to move to another on if this keeps up.

clayusmcret

« Reply #56 on: October 29, 2013, 01:52:45 AM »

1.  That's like selling someone a station wagon when they came in for a ferrari... eh... whaddya care how it looks it's got a motor and four wheels... lol.  Like I said it's obviously important to people otherwise there wouldn't be so many speaking out against it.  Also, as I said in an earlier post... should they put out a product that people love... or are they putting out a product that eh... they'll get used to it.  It's also hard to recommend a product to someone when you know the first thing there gonna say is... I don't like it.  Then you have to try to convince them that it's about the protection not the interface and oh ok but how do I clear my scan history... oh no that's not on the scan tab... it's simpler than that, go into an area that has nothing to do with scans (general settings) and scroll forever all the way to the bottom and...

It's just not well put together... layout, wasted real estate, big giant X... looks cheesy and honestly... IMO... makes me question if the protection is actually there or have they taken too many shortcuts.

2. & 3.  Oh I know... to be honest, short of a dozen small glitches, my upgrade was relatively problem free... I still don't like it, but I'll wait to see what avast is going to do before I jump ship.  Most of this isn't going to make me look for another AV, but I can't speak for the tons of other people on here because some of them are really going thru some frustrations.

I think it would be helpful if avast would put up a locked sticky and list the bugs they are aware of and the concerns they are going to address (if any) etc.

I honestly don't care what the interface looks like.  If the software is running correctly, I won't see the interface for months at a time and don't even think about it running in the background.  What I do care about is my computer locking up when I do parts of my normal daily routine.  And snarky techs who act like we're here for them.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2013, 01:55:32 AM by clayusmcret »

Bigjohn-s

« Reply #57 on: October 29, 2013, 05:00:11 AM »
I want an interface that I can use, easily, and see exactly what I'm looking for when I need it.
So, I've reverted to the last GOOD interface - 7.0.2006

And that's where I will stay.
If I get infected by something, I'll find another program with a useable interface.  Avast 8 was bad, 9.x*2014* is atrocious.

I've been in IT for 26 years.  you have to support the power user, as well as the moron who thinks his CD drive is a cup holder....

Maitre

« Reply #58 on: October 29, 2013, 07:46:01 PM »
I honestly don't care what the interface looks like.  If the software is running correctly, I won't see the interface for months at a time and don't even think about it running in the background.  What I do care about is my computer locking up when I do parts of my normal daily routine.  And snarky techs who act like we're here for them.

You said it! I won't see the interface for months so when I'LL SEE IT i want to do my work fast and simple. I don't want to try to figure out which are buttons in this flat GUI or where is hidden the task i want to perform. As i said before, give us the option to choose what GUI we want. Windows 8 are used from a few people around the world and they'll stay there if Microsoft keeps don't listen to the people. So don't do the same mistakes as M$ does.
Personally i unistalled this version in 15 mins just for the GUI. I didn't search for bugs or something else and if the GUI don't change or gives me an options to choose what i want i'll stick with old version and later on maybe i'll change to something else although i use avast for the very first versions.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2013, 07:49:03 PM by Maitre »

doktornotor

« Reply #59 on: October 29, 2013, 07:54:36 PM »
As i said before, give us the option to choose what GUI we want.

Good luck. The Avast media player skinning nonsense has been gone for years, cannot see it coming back. Useless support nightmare, basically.