Author Topic: Still no VPS notification nor sound  (Read 44253 times)

Diddy

Re: Still no VPS notification nor sound
« Reply #30 on: October 19, 2013, 04:39:44 AM »
HI I did recive an add pop up but I did not have any voice over though.  But I am up to date never the less. witch is 18-1.

have a good weekend everyone

jpChris

« Reply #31 on: October 19, 2013, 05:46:55 AM »
This may sound dumb and you've already done it, but,  have you gone into "Sounds" and made sure all were checked?

Offline essexboy

• Malware removal instructor
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
« Reply #32 on: October 19, 2013, 01:36:47 PM »
Windows 8 and 2014 no problems

mntnlady53

« Reply #33 on: October 19, 2013, 01:45:13 PM »
None for me either on both  xp pc and win7 laptop.  Where do I check if sound is enabled?

Rohugh

« Reply #34 on: October 19, 2013, 01:57:02 PM »
None for me either on both  xp pc and win7 laptop.  Where do I check if sound is enabled?

GUI>Settings>Appearance>Sounds

My VPS update pop-up is regularly "popping up"  :)   No voice though but I am not worried about that.

mntnlady53

« Reply #35 on: October 19, 2013, 01:58:58 PM »
ty checked and sound is enabled just not working.

happy avast user

« Reply #36 on: October 19, 2013, 03:56:23 PM »
The 'Show last popup message' just shows an ad for avast! Mobile Security. This was no doubt piggy backed on to the update and I suspect that this may be what is screwing it up.

You could be on the right track. I never got any of these ads and never had a problem.

I've also had these ads on some systems. (these ads make the VPS updates happen). It could be the problem.

The ads don't make the VPS happen, they are piggy backed on to the VPS update, but they appear to cause a problem.

There were previously piggy backed on to the VPS update (avast 8) without this problem, whilst you only saw the ad/tip popup and not the update one, the voiceover did announce for the update. If you used the 'Show last popup message' option it showed the update popup and not the ad/tip one.

But something is messed up in avast 9 with the auto update notice and sounds.
+1 I agree with you 100% DavidR ,yes you are right  something is really messed up and I think drastically wrong (my opinion) in avast 9 with the auto update notice and sounds.

My system is Windows 7 x 64 bit, I did report back and give feedback on the issue of there being NO auto update notice and sounds when the VPS is updated in avast 9 quite a while before the final release of avast 9, but unfortunately this problem and issue was not and has not been addressed as yet and I don't know why? :(

I did not get any notice or sound notification at all today to say that the VPS had auto updated, I knew that the VPS had been updated by putting my mouse on the avast ball and when I did that a blue and white notice came up saying: Everything is good avast 20149.0.2006 131019-0.

I know that this is only a minor issue but I hope this problem and issue will be resolved SOON!

fhoegler43

« Reply #37 on: October 19, 2013, 06:15:15 PM »
The actual sounds ie "avast virus database has been updated" is in c:\ ProgramData\Avast Software\Avast\sounds\1033 They will play if you click them. the same files are in \sounds but  do not have the voice. I tried coping the files in 1033 but it will not allow me to do it. I can't creat a new folder to put the files into from the sounds folder so i can copy the 1033 files. So something in the program is not calling up the voice sounds. Going to try unchecking the "voice overlay" just got 19-1 so not sure I will get another update today.

Offline digmor crusher

« Reply #38 on: October 20, 2013, 07:26:09 AM »
been using since rc1, have not seen a popup since.

GaAs

« Reply #39 on: October 21, 2013, 04:44:23 PM »
Always the same pop at each update of signatures and no voice. ::)

iroc9555

« Reply #40 on: October 21, 2013, 04:53:15 PM »
It seems to be an announcement given by avast! if you have Community Features active.

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #41 on: October 21, 2013, 05:03:02 PM »
Always the same pop at each update of signatures and no voice. ::)

Yes, that image posted in Reply #3.

It seems to be an announcement given by avast! if you have Community Features active.

Well I don't have the community features active/enabled on my system.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

iroc9555

« Reply #42 on: October 21, 2013, 05:25:01 PM »
This updates and popups are a mess. I have not have one of those yet DavidR.

Is it not regular announcement suppose to piggyback the VPS popups ? All other announcement would come from community features. I do not have them checked either.

I have had my first VPS popup and voice then it seems I am getting the popup for the second VPS but not alert or voice. I said " seems " because right clicking the avast! icon to show las message and it is there. I can not say I been in front of the machine all the time, but times coincides with me being here.

Cryless

« Reply #43 on: October 21, 2013, 06:34:03 PM »
I don't get notifications and I don't hear any sounds. I don't know if avast is updating or not, the only way I can know that is if I check the last update.

iroc9555

« Reply #44 on: October 22, 2013, 01:38:06 AM »
Finally. I got popup and voice for my second VPS update of the day ;D