Author Topic: Cannot do a complete scan  (Read 3167 times)

bobdec

Cannot do a complete scan
« on: May 23, 2005, 04:51:35 AM »
I have tried to do a scan in the through mode 4 times and twice in the standard mode and it crashes my computer before the scan is complete

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
Re: Cannot do a complete scan
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2005, 10:22:18 AM »
Please, post some more info.
What is your operating system, what is your hardware configuration?
How exactly did it "crash" your computer? Did it crash every time at about the same place (folder), or rather randomly?

bobdec

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2005, 12:49:04 PM »
My system is windows xp pro updated with all the latest updates from microsoft. It is crashing intermittently put it runs for quite awhile before crashing the from 15 min to over 1/2 hour depending on which type of scan I used.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2005, 02:09:36 PM »
My system is windows xp pro updated with all the latest updates from microsoft. It is crashing intermittently put it runs for quite awhile before crashing the from 15 min to over 1/2 hour depending on which type of scan I used.

You can go to the program settings and turn on the creation of the report file (with "OK files" to be included as well in the report). This way, you can find out where the scan really stopped (it's going to be close to the end of the report).

After avast! disappears, check the end of the report file - the "troublesome" file is likely to be close to the end (close in the sense that this particular file will probably not be written in the report, but the previous one will be the last line, so it shouldn't be hard to guess). We would certainly like to have this file - if it really causes problems to avast! - so that we could fix the problem.

The report file created (if you turned it on in program settings) will be (default location) at <avast4>\Data\Report\Simple User Interface.txt
The best things in life are free.