Author Topic: Getting infected, after I upgraded to version 9 (2014)  (Read 1371 times)

Avastlover24

Getting infected, after I upgraded to version 9 (2014)
« on: October 17, 2013, 06:23:54 PM »
Hello guys, I've been using Avast! free antivirus for more than 2 years - and I had not a single issue, for that I thank you and admit my positive opinion over your solid, light and trustworthy product.

However, after yesterday's new - fresh install of avast 9 (2014) my laptop - Windows 7 - 64 bit - , is getting infected with trojans and a few pup / adware. How I figured it out? Malwarebytes did... and that all happened yesterday.

Although MAB removed all of them, today (again) I got infected with other trojans and adwares and I didn't join any "dirty" websites, nor did I clicked suspicious links...

P.S Since the new Avast 2014, I never saw avast virus update message on the right bottom of my screen too :(

Maybe I do something wrong? Not sure guys - but I feel unsecure and thinking of changing protection suite, even if I don't want too.

I really like avast, that's all about it. The next time I will post a log...

Thanks for any reply,
best regards

George

Offline Anacunga

Re: Getting infected, after I upgraded to version 9 (2014)
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2013, 06:26:47 PM »
Be aware there might be lot's of false alarms like " Win32:evo-gen [susp]" if the heuristic is set too strong.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Getting infected, after I upgraded to version 9 (2014)
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2013, 06:30:50 PM »
Posting the information on the MBAM detections would help, without information no one can say anything about it.

You can attach the MBAM scan log to your next reply or post a screenshot of the log, important information, file name, location and malware name given.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security