Author Topic: avast anti theft works only on wifi connexion  (Read 2217 times)

ygen72

avast anti theft works only on wifi connexion
« on: October 17, 2013, 07:36:59 PM »
Hello
I have a wiko iggy mobile with avast antitheft on it. but none of the command will work except when phone is connected on wifi at home which is not very usefull. I have tried with data connection activated and also gps on but the phone won t be localized. and it is said command is not responding.

can i do something about it? my operator is free mobile in france

ygen72

Re: avast anti theft works only on wifi connexion
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2013, 11:33:23 PM »
hello in fact i reinstalled my antitheft module and it said that it won't work if data connexion is not on. It was the case on my phone.
In fact now it data connexion is on it is now ok. Then what happens if a thief get the phone and disable data connexion? is there a way to block this?

thanks

Tobias56

Re: avast anti theft works only on wifi connexion
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2013, 01:03:43 AM »
I don't know on your device (some features aren't available if you're not rooted OR on some android versions) but on mine I can force data ON once the phone is in 'stolen mode'. So for instance if someone change the simcard the phone will get into stolen mode and he won't be able to disable data. However if the guy stole my phone and disable the data right away the phone won't prevent it and I won't be able to reach the phone with internet.

In this scenario you can just send an SMS. SMSes are the the most reliable way to control your phone anyway (even if it's less practical).
« Last Edit: October 19, 2013, 01:05:39 AM by Tobias56 »