Author Topic: AVAST Endpoint Protection Suite / Dynamic groups  (Read 2417 times)

Offline PUOLEPARG

AVAST Endpoint Protection Suite / Dynamic groups
« on: November 12, 2013, 09:39:48 AM »
Hello

Can you  for an explanation of the values ​​on creating dynamic groups?
Especially all the possible values ​​for sorting by OS (OS server / OS / 32/64 bit) I want all the possible values.
  and not as an example in the doc ..... 1 = 2 = OS such as OS 3 = 64 bits ..
etc ...

avast support does not know what to answer this question and told me that there is no precise values​​!!
for me Boolean values ​​or integer that is necessarily such a number = value, but nobody is able to tell me what these values ​​are ...
I wish to create dynamic groups to have the PC (XP / Seven / 8) and server (Server 2003/2008/2012) separately but also in 32 and 64 bit ...
You have the right values ​​for this type of operation? because the admin avast documentation is useless in this regard
thank you
thank you

Offline dbrisendine

• Malware Fighter
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
Re: AVAST Endpoint Protection Suite / Dynamic groups
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2013, 08:30:27 AM »
A list of Microsoft OS releases with version numbers can be found here ( http://t4cfantasy.com/WOS/WOS%20v8.5.x/WOS%20v8.5.0%20Alpha.txt ) and at other places on the internet.  32 / 64 bit is not a part of the version number (which is what the Dynamic Group filters work on).  For example, Win7 Service Pack1 on a 32 bit machine would have
Major version = 6
Minor version = 1
OS build type = 7601  (sometimes this is shown as 6.1.7601)

On a 64 bit machine, Win7 Service Pack 1 would be
Major version = 6
Minor version = 1
OS build type = 7601  (sometimes this is shown as 6.1.7601)

You can also check the MS functions and what they return (see http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/ms724832%28v=vs.85%29.aspx ) ; the list there has the major version . minor version numbers for most current MS operating systems.
Win7 x32 Ult. SP1, Brain 2.0 / Win10 x64, Brain2.5
My help is always free but if you would like to help encourage me or show your thanks -----> DONATE