Author Topic: virus detection  (Read 10424 times)

dcdd1

Re: virus or maybe not????
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2005, 01:36:49 AM »

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
Re: virus detection
« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2005, 09:48:15 AM »
Well, Google reveals quite a few hits on evd000.enc
BlackICE is simply logging the network traffic (or rather the blocked intrusions) into these log files (evdXXX.enc). Since the log files contain the intrusion code (such as SQLSlammer in this case), avast! detects the corresponding virus in the log as well.

In addition to (the usual) note that it's rather stupid to log this kind of stuff in plaintext (= unencrypted) to disk, I can only suggest either to turn off this BlackICE feature (sorry, I'm not familiar with BlackICE), or put the correspoding mask into the list of avast! exclusions (both On-demand in program Settings, and On-access in Standard Shield settings).

dcdd1

« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2005, 08:08:46 PM »
When do i get the official help! last week had these and this week the same again?? :o

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2005, 09:23:14 PM »
What do you mean?
I was trying to explain that it's actually a BlackICE problem (because it stores intrusion code on disk) - and I also gave you some suggesions on how to avoid the conflicts. You can consider it an official help, I don't think there's anything else to say.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2005, 09:36:10 PM »
When do i get the official help! last week had these and this week the same again?? :o

I think you have done very with the help you have received (considering you are using the free version of avast), official or otherwise. Please try the suggestions offered to avoid the problem.

You might report this to the BlackIce forum if they have one because this is something they too should address because it won't be just avast that would report the virus signature in the data written to disk by BlackIce.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security