Author Topic: avast annoying feature  (Read 1666 times)

Zastil

avast annoying feature
« on: October 18, 2013, 01:55:13 AM »
Apologies in advance for (likely) not putting this where it belongs. I updated avast a few days ago and... this is now showing up on FireFox (see attachment, assuming I did this correctly).

That little icon, while not a major pain, does hide the text somewhat, and since I am a speed reader it does become annoying when I have to re-read something just because a simple 2 or 3 letter word is hidden.

Simple question is: how do I hide that thing? Do I have to uninstall avast! Online Security, or can I keep it and find the option to turn those things off?

marc-d-l

Re: avast annoying feature
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2013, 02:51:07 AM »
Have you tried a repair ?  Go to control panel add or remove programs and try a repair. Or you can turn it off altogether by going tools add-ons  extensions disable  avast security.You can always turn it back on.If you use WOT you may not need both.

Zastil

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2013, 03:26:27 AM »
Well for the moment I've followed your suggestion and disabled the add-on. This being said, it would be nice if there were a option to toggle On/Off said feature (whatever it's actually called) rather than having to disable the entire thing.

marc-d-l

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2013, 04:56:59 AM »
If you left click on the green avast part circle on upper right of the navigation bar a popup will appear,go to the bottom you will see setting.Click on this and a page with the settings you can turn on or off.

Zastil

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2013, 06:24:28 PM »
I played with all the settings and... nada. Well thanks for trying marc, guess I'll just have to leave it disabled. Shame really, I liked the "turn off sites tracking" feature.