Author Topic: Avast internet security and Emule issues.  (Read 11296 times)

geths

Avast internet security and Emule issues.
« on: October 18, 2013, 12:07:28 PM »
Ok since getting my avast IS upto version 131017-1 the firewall blocks Emule thus giving me a lowid, this wasn't an issue before and only happened after I installed the 2014 update.  Ive uninstalled that version, ran the removal tool, manually removed any left overs of avast from both the registry and the device manger, and then installed a fresh install of Avast internet security version 8.  But to no avail, avast still seems twonky when it comes to the firewall? emule is still firewalled? if I remove avast completely it runs fine, but with avast installed its broken.  I've no idea what going on anymore, I wish id never upgraded to 2014, its been a complete nightmare since.

any help more than appreciated.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: Avast internet security and Emule issues.
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2013, 05:57:49 PM »
Is Windows Firewall working side by side with avast? Are there exceptions for emule there?
The best things in life are free.

geths

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2013, 08:06:19 PM »
windows firewall is currently off, its been off since I first installed avast internet security.  Should it be on?

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2013, 12:45:58 PM »
windows firewall is currently off, its been off since I first installed avast internet security.  Should it be on?
No. I was just guessing that could be some interaction between then.
The best things in life are free.

MichaelK

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2013, 03:22:20 PM »
Is Windows Firewall working side by side with avast? Are there exceptions for emule there?

Same problem here: Avast is blocking Emule, although everything is set to allow all access to all connections and all in- and outbound ports.
Windows firewall is being controlled by vast.
any updates?

Rgds,
MichaelK

Alanov

« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2013, 04:40:00 PM »
Since upgrade to Avast 2014 everything really goes crazy.

- Emule will only connect with Low ID.
- Outlook 2003 Avast Anti Spam toolbar won't show up whatever I try. Even after correcting registry settings.
- IE 10 will take ages to load a page or simply crash if Avast Online Security toolbar is activated.

And this is only what I found for the time being since the upgrade a couple of days ago.

I am a former computer consultant whith a solid knowledge how to go around specific problems by tweaking registry, firewalls and various configs but this is beyond understanding.

Strangely enough, I have another Pc identical to this one running the older version of Avast 8.0.1488 and none of these problems arise.

Wherever you try to go in Google to find an answer to these problems, the only thing that shows is a lot of advertising around the wonderful new Avast 2014 and the possibilty to download it.
But not a single wise comment how to solve the problems that seem to pile up to some crazy extents.
I think I will have to cancel the product because this is really getting me REALLY MAD !!!

Wake up guys if you don't want to loose all of your customers...

strat2.0

« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2013, 09:46:22 PM »
I've got the same issues with Emule - Low ID, no IP specified and KAD fully Firewalled...

It is annoying, as the previous version did not do this.

My downloads are suffering... please fix it!  :(

geths

« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2013, 05:09:14 PM »
I've ended up removing avast completely, spent a good portion of the day removing various bits of avast from my registry that wasn't cleared up by the uninstall process or the cleanup tool you can download. (poor coding imo), also had to remove numerous entries within the device manager pertaining to avast (again poor coding)

Everything is back to normal and I'm trialling a competitors product.  Hopefully Avast will sort out their product (the 2014 release has been shambolic) before my subscription runs out, otherwise I'm afraid you've lost this customer....

PaoloCC

« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2013, 10:41:16 AM »
I am in the same situation, perhaps even worse than the majority of you, because I have bought Avast Internet security since few days and Emule has a low ID in spite of all my efforts to fix it.
The program puts proudly Emule in the list of the blocked programs.
On internet there are a lot of instructions about to fix this problem but nothing works in this Avast version in which also the user interface is worse than before.
In conclusion I hope in a quick upgrade, otherwise I have wasted my money

MichaelK

« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2013, 11:19:33 AM »
Don't know what you guys duid, but it's working perfectly again, thanks! One happy customer again  ;D

PaoloCC

« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2013, 10:12:15 AM »
Very well dear customer satisfied, then please, be so kind to explain us how to allow emule. Because if you do not give us the proper instructions you understand that the suspect that you don' t have emule is justified.

manuelcr

« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2013, 12:07:54 AM »
I also have problems with Avast 8 IS and emule.

I have to stop the Firewall to be able to have a high id in emule.

I had to uninstall the Avast 9 IS cause problems with Plex (it didn't let to access to Plex), from support told me that i have to come back to Avast 8... and now the problems with emule.

Avast!!! awake... you are going to lose a client if you don't make something right. >:(

PaoloCC

« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2013, 11:45:58 AM »
Goof afternoon!
About two days ago Avast released the new version of the Internet Security  2014.
I was very happy because I thought they had fixed the problems with Emule. But I was wrong: Nothing different from before. Still lowid.
It is natural to suspect they simply they do not want to fix this problem.  >:(
And what about the virus quone8 and the attempts to change your Internet Explorer initial page from fake sites. First it did not stopped them, now I will see.
I am a bit angry.  >:(

propheticus

« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2013, 12:49:19 PM »
Quone8 is malware you can remove with adwcleaner or malwarebytes anti-malware. Avast might not be able to block it because it is installed by the user (you) when installing adware sponsored free apps (like free youtube to mp3 converters).

For Emule problems:
- If not done already: add a firewall rule allowing eMule.
- Use a clean install of Avast instead of updating through the UI.
- If that doesn't work remove the Avast firewall and use the Windows firewall.

PaoloCC

« Reply #14 on: December 31, 2013, 05:42:06 PM »
Quone8 is malware you can remove with adwcleaner or malwarebytes anti-malware. Avast might not be able to block it because it is installed by the user (you) when installing adware sponsored free apps (like free youtube to mp3 converters).

For Emule problems:
- If not done already: add a firewall rule allowing eMule.
- Use a clean install of Avast instead of updating through the UI.
- If that doesn't work remove the Avast firewall and use the Windows firewall.
Thank you very much Sir,
but besides the Emule's problems your product blocks my LAN, and if you want to communicate with other PCs you can't because, as it is written in a window of the program: Puoi connetterti solo ai computer sui quali รจ installato avast! Premier (You can connect only with computers in which Avast is installed!)
That is really too much for me!!!
I know that the safest antivirus is the antivirus which blocks everything, but I was not interested in it.
I am going to uninstall AVAST. That was my worst experience with an antivirus. Good bye.