Author Topic: malwarebytes users please read this thread if getting avast errors WINDOWS 8.1  (Read 2790 times)

Astrakick10

hi thought I would post this as I have been trying to get the new 2014 avast to install and work for a month now but finally done it!

PROBLEMS: INSTALLING NEW 2014 VERSION BUT AVAST WONT START AND LOOSING ALL USE OF LAPTOP KEYBOAD AND TRACK PAD!

I EXPERENCED THIS PROBLEM OVER AND OVER! HAD TO USE A MOUSE PLUGGED INTO THE USB PORT TO GO TO UNISTALLER PROGRAM ON AVAST WEBSITE.
ONCE UNINSTALLED GO BACK TO THE DOWNLOADS SECTION ON AVAST AND DOWNLOAD YOUR VERSION .(mine is paid for avast pro).

SAVE THE SETUP TO YOUR PC

MAKE SURE YOU HAVE YOUR LICENCE FILE SAVED  TO YOUR PC. (this can be sent to you via email from support section on avast website)

BEFORE YOU RUN THE SETUP PROCESS TURN OFF WINDOWS DEFENDER THEN RESTART PC FOR THIS TO TAKE AFFECT!

AFTER REBOOT GO TO YOUR MALWAREBYTES PRO BLUE ICON IN SYSTEM TRAY ~  RIGHT CLICK AND PRESS EXIT! OR DOUBLE CLICK ON THE PROGRAM ICON AND WHEN IT OPENS GO TO PROTECTION TAB AND UNCHECK THE FIRST TWO BOXES TO DISABLE.

ONCE THIS IS DONE START THE AVAST SETUP PROCESS AND FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS AND SELECT ALREADY HAVE LICENCE FILE. PRESS BROWSE AND FIND YOUR FILE AND INSERT IT AND EVERYTHING SHOULD BE FINE!

AFTER YOU HAVE DONE THIS PROCESS YOU NEED TO LET THE ANTIVIRUS DO STARTUP SCAN WHICH IT DOES AUTOMATICLY ~ BOX IN BOTTOM RIGHT HAND SCREEN COMES UP.

AVAST THEN TELLS YOU TO RESTART COMPUTER AFTER RESTART HAS DONE MALWAREBYTES SHOULD BE  RUNNING AGAIN THEN YOU SHOULD GET A WARNING FROM ACTION CENTER SAYING TO SWITCH ON WINDOWS DEFENDER DO THIS AS WELL.

AFTER A MONTH OF LOSS SUBSCRIPTION TIME THIS IS HOW I HAVE FINALLY FIGURED IT OUT.

IT APPEARS THAT ITS THE MALWAREBYTES PRO AND WINDOWS DEFENDER THAT SEES THE NEW AVAST 2014 PROGRAM AS A THREAT!! THIS SHOULD NOT BE THE CASE BUT I HOPE AVAST PROGRAMMERS READ THIS AND SEE IF THEY CAN RECTIFY THE PROBLEM.

THANK YOU ALL HOPE THIS IS A HELP!

Offline Para-Noid

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • Trust only what you test yourself!
Why are you yelling?  ???

It would be better if you had used "steps"...

1) xxxx
2) xxxx
3) xxxx  and so on and so on.  :)
Dell Inspiron, Win10x64--HP Envy Win10x64--Both systems Avast Free v17.9.2322, Comodo Firewall v8.2 w/D+, MalwareBytes v3.0, OpenDNS, Super Anti-Spyware, Spyware Blaster, MCShield, Unchecky, Vivaldi Browser and, various browser security tools.

"Look before you leap!" Use online scanners before you click on any link.

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
I have had MBAM Pro for some considerable time and avast and no such issues.

This XP Pro system has no windows Defender and my Win7 netbook has had windows defender disabled since day one.

The difference in Win8+ windows defender is a full blown AV, now when you install a 3rd party antivirus, windows is meant to disable windows defender.

So the problem area is win8 and windows defender, MBAM Pro shouldn't be an issue.
If MBAM though it was a threat it should have alerted, did it ?
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security