Author Topic: How do I disable the FB Privacy pop-up?  (Read 2023 times)

ohmimpotence

How do I disable the FB Privacy pop-up?
« on: October 19, 2013, 04:00:29 PM »
This pops up multiple times a day, I've tried checking the settings but wasn't able to untick anything that prevented this pop up.

dprout69

Re: How do I disable the FB Privacy pop-up?
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2013, 04:54:19 PM »
It's a known issue... that's where your definition update is supposed to go so until they fix it it will just have the FB privacy garbage.  However, you should be able to go to settings > appearance > Update popups and change it to 0

Online Alikhan

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2013, 05:35:33 PM »
It's a known issue... that's where your definition update is supposed to go so until they fix it it will just have the FB privacy garbage.  However, you should be able to go to settings > appearance > Update popups and change it to 0

0 will make it stay unlimited until you click X. The shortest you can keep it on is 1. However, I'm not sure if 9.0.2006 is honoring the timings (seems a bug)
Windows 10 Home 64-bit • Avast Free (latest stable version) •  Malwarebytes 4 Premium (On-Demand) • Windows Firewall Control • Google Chrome • LastPass • CCleaner • O&O ShutUp10 •

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2013, 06:00:58 PM »
As strange as these ad/tip toaster style popups are, they don't have a setting of their own to be able to disable or reduce the duration.

They are piggybacked on to the auto update notifications, so you would have to either disable the auto update notifications (which aren't working well for many users right now) or reduce the popup duration. However, as has been mentioned the duration function also seems to be having an issue as well as the update notifications themselves.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security