Author Topic: Questions about Avast Online Security plug-in  (Read 2839 times)

MaxReed

Questions about Avast Online Security plug-in
« on: October 18, 2013, 10:01:34 PM »
Can someone explain me how does the Avast Online Security plugin works and how I've to set it properly??
For example now I have some difficults to post youtube link on my facebook page and this is a fault of the Avast plugin because deactivating it problems disappears...  ???
And another question that I done on a reply in the main post of avast's final v9, is: Avast Ad-Blocker is still necessary or is integrated in the new plugin?? If not, I've to upgrade Ad-Blocker from v8 to v9?? And if yes how can I do it?

Thanks to all who will respond me

dprout69

Re: Questions about Avast Online Security plug-in
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2013, 11:21:41 PM »
1) Describe the problem you are having posting a youtube link.
2) Ad-Blocker was removed from version 9.  The reason is unknown to anyone I've asked.  However, if you still want, which I did which is why I still have it installed... add it from version 8.0.1497.  When you upgrade to 9, the adblocker is seperate so it will not be uninstalled and you will still have it.

MaxReed

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2013, 11:59:35 AM »
1) Describe the problem you are having posting a youtube link.
Normally when you post a youtube link on facebook, appears an image with the play button to reproduce the video in the facebook page. With Avast plugin active the link loads for long time without showing the image and the play button, and if I press post button I obtain only the name and the description of the link but not the preview with play button. I hope I was clear  :-\
2) Ad-Blocker was removed from version 9.  The reason is unknown to anyone I've asked.
??? nice....

Ok but someone can explain me how Avast Online Security works and how I have to set it properly? Please!!!

Thanks

Offline Canopus

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2013, 02:09:55 PM »
I can't say for certain, but, it seems to work via user feedback. If so then there is a potential to poison the data base making some legit sites unavailable.

I just ran into this on tvcatchup.com. The site was reachable, but, no channels would stream video. When I disabled Avast Online Security the videos sprang to life. This is a reputable and safe site.